Is the V2 VS Route 66's comp good enough for a normal comp?

crazychu

• Members

Is the V2 VS Route 66's comp good enough for a normal comp?

I'm looking to upgrade from my cs-3, and i've heard good things about the vs route 66 overdrive/comp. would i be able to use the comp on it as a normal comp for clean stuff or with other pedals?

• Members

I owned three R66 pedals (a v1 with one slider switch, and two v2s with two rocker switches)...never personally had any problems with radio interference. But the new casing does seem to be better quality.

• Members

I owned three R66 pedals (a v1 with one slider switch, and two v2s with two rocker switches)...never personally had any problems with radio interference. But the new casing does seem to be better quality.

I really like the sounds I get with it just when I have the compressor on sometimes it happens. So I was thinking of updating it. I think the newer one takes up less space on a pedal board too no?

• Members

I really like the sounds I get with it just when I have the compressor on sometimes it happens. So I was thinking of updating it. I think the newer one takes up less space on a pedal board too no?

I remember that the 2nd revision of the first R66 (the version with two rocker switches) was touted as having improved protection against radio interference. I'm sure the new casing is even better.

It is a great pedal. I love the compressor side! It's a great comp and great boost. I keep trying not to break down and buy the V2 compressor only pedal.

• Members

I remember that the 2nd revision of the first R66 (the version with two rocker switches) was touted as having improved protection against radio interference. I'm sure the new casing is even better.

It
is
a great pedal. I love the compressor side! It's a great comp and great boost. I keep trying not to break down and buy the V2 compressor only pedal.

Yeah I have the OG folded metal version. I think I might get the new one. Or a Hazarai thing. Choices...

Archived