effects chain help please....

Raelm

• Members

...sorry...same old question I'm afraid, but i seem to be getting quite a bit of noise from the chain at the moment. Here's how I have it at the moment...

Guitar -

Bad Horsie II Wah

Ibanez Ts-9

Boss Ds-1 Keeley

MXR Phase 90

EH Stereo Memoryman with Hazarai

Line6 Echo Park

Digitech Whammy

Boss Tu-2

- Amp

Sometimes, I put a Line6 Roto-Machine just before the Tu-2...but that seems really noisy!

I'm running a Boss DD-6 through the efffects loop on my JSX 212 amp. Now, I know you're thinking that that's a lot of delay pedals...but I really thought about it an went for three because, I'm in a reggae/dub band. I use the DD-6 as an ambient delay for solo's (which I can yurn on and of with the amp's footswitch), I use the Echo Park for the Analogue Swell setting and I use the EH Stereo memoryman for tap-tempo delays.

But, there does seem to be a bit of noise. Also, when the Whammy is activated, I seem to lose a bit of top end from my signal. All pedals (except the whammy, which has it's own power) are powered by a 9v power supply from Diago, with Daisy-chains.

So....have I done anything really wrong?!

Cheers.

• Members

I'm not familiar with Diago. I know there are some big fans of them around here. But if they are not isolated outputs, you will get noise. Plus since most of your pedals aren't true bypass, you might get some signal loss (tone suck).

Is that the order of your pedals?

• Members

All pedals (except the whammy, which has it's own power) are powered by a 9v power supply from Diago, with Daisy-chains.

Some of the Line6 pedals do not take well to daisy-chaining the power supply and have been known to have noise issues associated with them. There can be several reasons why you're picking up the extra noise, but that's where I would start. Try removing the Line6 pedals and see if the noise goes away.

• Members

I'm not familiar with Diago. I know there are some big fans of them around here. But if they are not isolated outputs, you will get noise. Plus since most of your pedals aren't true bypass, you might get some signal loss (tone suck).

Is that the order of your pedals?

Cheers.

Yeah, that's the order I currently have them in. I know that the Whammy should probably come before the delays in the chain....but I couldn't wire it that way:lol:

Archived