So if you had $2000 spare, what gear would you buy?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Hmm, if I had 2k right now to spend on gear, I'd probably buy another Les Paul. I've got the money right now, but I can't justify buying another one. Probably gonna get myself a strat first, next year or so
:D

hmm, what les paul would you get?

• Members

For most musicians, the idea of having that much money to spare (after the hookers and blow, of course) is a bit fanciful, but it's a nice thought.

I dunno man, I frequently see here people with $1000+ pedalboards, half a dozen guitars and a couple of nice amps.

You sell a couple of things, big things...sure..but 2k isnt that hard to fathom is it?

• Members

I dunno man, I frequently see here people with $1000+ pedalboards, half a dozen guitars and a couple of nice amps.

You sell a couple of things, big things...sure..but 2k isnt that hard to fathom is it?

Selling expensive gear definitely allows for a big spend up, but often money comes and goes in smaller amounts, as musicians aren't known for being the most diligent money-savers.

• Members

MIJ Fender Jaguar in Vintage white with Tortoise Shell pickguard, Line 6 DL4,
Boss TU-2
, a Case for my TSL, an Ernie Ball volume pedal, and a Classic 50's Telecaster. I think thats it
:D

Is there a reason you would get the TU-2 over more accurate tuners for the same price like Korg DT-10 or Pitchblack?

• Members
a riccy 330

Simon, that's exactly what i'd buy. Well that or a AC30/AC15

Played one of these:

vox-ac15-handwired-heritage-amp.jpg

My gosh it was amazing, it was into an ext cab, Brilliant cleans, and with a tad stronger strum you could get it to feedback beautifully,

It was the most sexual feeling to my ears.

• Members

Vintage Jazzmaster

I there was anything left over I'd get the new small EHX Micro Synth

Nice choices. There is an amazing Jazzmaster at Pmblues.com at the moment, a 1961 in sonic blue.

But its $4400

965c.jpg

..I'm thinking I might get the new xo microsynth too

• Members
Simon, that's exactly what i'd buy. Well that or a AC30/AC15

Played one of these:

vox-ac15-handwired-heritage-amp.jpg

My gosh it was amazing, it was into an ext cab, Brilliant cleans, and with a tad stronger strum you could get it to feedback beautifully,

It was the most sexual feeling to my ears.

Now you're talkin.

A 360/12c63 is exactly what I'm going to spend the cash on.

Gear020.jpeg

Archived