rhe racounteurs sound?

Aleks84

• Members

Hi all

ive love the raconteurs sound especially jack white's sound, like on steady as she goes, level and so on. Can you give me a clue whats he using. Something like Big Muff? and what else. Also if you remember the solo on Level, the violin sound like is very interesting, how can you pull that off?

thanks dudes, and girls ofcourse :)

raconteurs are awesome band i love them

• Members

greenweenie the godzila on the cover is cool:)

i like your music, and with the different language is interesting.

what would you suggest for amps and guitars. for guitar i guess humbuckers are must?

• Members
greenweenie the godzila on the cover is cool:)

i like your music, and with the different language is interesting.

what would you suggest for amps and guitars. for guitar i guess humbuckers are must?

Thanks! We're Filipino :thu: On those recordings, we were going through a major Chili Peppers phase. Now we've moved on and do something in the vain of Radiohead, Jamiroquai but so far no new recordings yet. I used a Strat on those except for Kalibre, I used a Gibson SG Special. For amps, its Marshalls baby. Go for what feels comfortable for you. Before, it was Strats for me. Then I got the SG and haven't looked back.

As far as naming them, I'll do my best. Let's do it right to left.

Dunlop 535Q Wah > Digitech Whammy > Big Muff > Micro Pog > Micro Amp (top) > the last three in the bottom row I don't know, and the big fat one on top is a rehoused Boss TU-2 and the last pedal hiding behind everything is probably a Boss Delay. Not sure which model.

• Members

you know, at first i wanted to mention the peppers but i dont wanted to offend you or something. the similarity i see between you two is the purification of the sound, distinction of every instrument. im a big fan of peppers myself.

ive tried big muff in store, and i got an impression thats not for riffs but just for soloing. what do you think what kind of distortion is like on steady as she goes?

• Members

you know, at first i wanted to mention the peppers but i dont wanted to offend you or something. the similarity i see between you two is the purification of the sound, distinction of every instrument. im a big fan of peppers myself.

ive tried big muff in store, and i got an impression thats not for riffs but just for soloing. what do you think what kind of distortion is like on steady as she goes?

Haha we get compared a whole lot to the Peppers before. We want to wipe that stigma that we're just a Peppers cover band so we moved on from straight ahead funk.

Big Muffs can be used for riffs if pushed by a Micro Amp or similar before the Muff. Or what C Fuzz said. Its probably Jack's old Fenders or Silvertone amps pushed by the Micro Amp.

Archived