Carbon Vibe Progress

NITEFLY182

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Roger Mayer made a wah but I think only the treadle was carbon fiber. The problem is that you would have to shield the inside because the carbon has no shielding properties. They make a kind where all the carbon strands are coated in aluminum before weaving but I don't think that would do much. About the equivalent of a cheap cable's spun spiral shield.

This CF came from robotmarketplace and was pretty cheap. Its the .0015" thickness which is a little thinner than a credit card. Its available with adhesive on the back which was perfect for this application. I got a sheet that will do two 1790s and about two 1590s which is good for about $15 worth of material. I need to stamp some aluminum label strips and do the layout and drilling tomorrow. A lot of holes are going through that sheet and Im not looking forward to wearing long sleeves and a mask in this heat.

• Members

Dave, ditch the volume pot, it's a useless waste of space... unless that pot is going to control something else on your build, which wouldn't surprise me.

If I was building mine again I would probably replace the chorus/vibrato switch with a blend pot to much the clean and affected signals. Maybe that's what the third pot on yours is for?

• Members

Not on this one. I never found that switch particularly useful as a footswitch because it takes tweaking of the other knobs to make it actually sound useful. I kinda like doing material tops on enclosures now so I might make a copper-topped one in a bigger box with room for that footswitch. The PCB for this is pretty big so I dont have room for a second footswitch anyway with this layout.

• Members

Dave, ditch the volume pot, it's a useless waste of space... unless that pot is going to control something else on your build, which wouldn't surprise me.

If I was building mine again I would probably replace the chorus/vibrato switch with a blend pot to much the clean and affected signals. Maybe that's what the third pot on yours is for?

Nope. Volume pot. I actually find it useful for adding a little extra push and fatness on a clean signal.

• Members

Neovibe 'unity gain mod' - http://geofex.com/Article_Folders/univibe/univtech.htm#unity

I must have gotten lucky as mine is close enough to unity gain by my ears, but you can easily use the mod R.G. has outlined to get above-unity gain.

[edit] This thread is also useful (using higher value volume pot) http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=24680.0
[/edit]

• Members
Very slick job, Nitefly!
:thu:

From the way you've mounted the LDR's, I presume you're going to build a metal can for the light tank.

Yeah I need to make a new shroud tonight that is taller than the first one I made. It needs to be about 3/4" because the lamp is pretty tall in its socket. The first one I made is only about 1/2"

• Members

how about a complete pedal board shot now since its changed? im always trying to keep up with the jones'es.

I dont know if its changed all that much. I did get an aquavibe, dove, ernie, and I have a POG coming so I guess Ill take a photo when that shows up. Im waiting for knobs for this right now so it will probably be at least 2 weeks before its totally done. I can probably start drilling and wiring tonight after I figure out where the label strips will go (they need to be screwed on so thats more holes.

Archived