Best chorus and tremolo pedals >$150 each?

Exocaster

• Members

Hey all! A visitor from teh maps forum here with a little crossposting for you: :wave:

I've been really tempted by the TC Nova Modulator recently, but the thought struck me- I don't use flange or phaser... well, ever, to be honest. I'm fond of tremolo, though, and I've been using chorus a lot more lately in my vain attempts to channel David Gilmour and Robert Smith.

So that being said, could I do alright for myself picking up separate chorus and tremolo effects with a budget of roughly $300 or so, or would I be better off just snagging myself a Nova Mod? (Admittedly the vibrato effect looks like it might be interesting for spacey stuff...) How's the Voodoo Lab stuff? I've been very happy with my Sparkle Drive, so I'm curious if the rest of their effects are any good.

Any suggestions?

• Members

Used Semaphore will run you >$150.

And I don't really know about chorus. Not my thing. CE-1?

Or you could go for a Mod Factor... that'd probably run you a little more than $300 though. I think I saw a used one on TGP a week or so ago.

• Members

Who's the Semaphore by? I'm not familiar. The ModFactor is really tempting (the TimeFactor is actually next up on my list of things to get, the chorus and trem after that); I like the MIDI option and having all those presets available, but I also want the option of running both the chorus and tremolo at the same time, thus the Nova Mod with its dual effects engines.

As far as chorus goes, I've got no clue myself. I used to loathe the stuff. I got recommended a BBE Mind Bender on the amps forum, which seems like a cool analog chorus/vibrato, the chorus side of which is apparently a clone of a Way Huge Blue Hippo (the vibrato's a Boss VB-2 clone). The BBE pedals look like they're pretty good... any love for 'em around here?

• Members

Who's the Semaphore by? I'm not familiar. The ModFactor is really tempting (the TimeFactor is actually next up on my list of things to get, the chorus and trem after that); I like the MIDI option and having all those presets available, but I also want the option of running both the chorus and tremolo at the same time, thus the Nova Mod with its dual effects engines.

As far as chorus goes, I've got no clue myself. I used to loathe the stuff. I got recommended a BBE Mind Bender on the amps forum, which seems like a cool analog chorus/vibrato, the chorus side of which is apparently a clone of a Way Huge Blue Hippo (the vibrato's a Boss VB-2 clone). The BBE pedals look like they're pretty good... any love for 'em around here?

Catalinbread Semaphore:

[YOUTUBE]6sA-m6ikCgQ[/YOUTUBE]

There's some BBE love here, but I'm not familiar with their stuff. I don't get into modulation much at all really. Just a touch of Tremolo here and there.

Archived