Pedal layouts?

• Members

I got my parts from smallbear today for my booster+buffer. I'm trying to think of a good layout but I have no skill. It is a red box with 1 knob, one footswitch, 2 switches and 2 leds.

I suppose a standard layout would be something like this.

pedal1em3.png

But it's booring.

Maybe something like this would be better (with the switches on the side).

pedal2oz2.png

Though this wouldn't be as boring.

pedal3pn2.png

But honestly, I have no idea. What would you do?

Bonus points for good ideas for paintworks, I am going to do some sort of painting on there.

• Members

don't orient you pedal horizontal. Orient it veritcally with the input on the right and output on the left. The led should be in between the jacks dead center with the switch below it. Below the switch goes the battery. At top, you have your controls. As for paint, sand the box to a shine and clear coat the whole thing.

• Members

don't orient you pedal horizontal. Orient it veritcally with the input on the right and output on the left. The led should be in between the jacks dead center with the switch below it. Below the switch goes the battery. At top, you have your controls. As for paint, sand the box to a shine and clear coat the whole thing.

But I like horizontal pedals :mad:

As for the box, it's painted already. Ordered a powder coated one from smallbear.

And there are two leds, one for the buffer and one for the boost.

• Members

what will the toggle switches do? i'm trying to work out why you'd need 2 LEDs...

i'd assume one is your on/off indicator and the other for the buffer on/off?

One toggle turns buffer on/off and the other switches between clean boost and treble boost. Footswitch turns boost on/off. Knob controls amount of boost.

• Members

if it was my pedal, i'd make it vertical with the knob top left, the toggles top right and one LED dead centre with the footswitch at the bottom.
i don't see why you need a LED for the buffer. if you really want an LED for it, how about just using one tri-colour LED. :idea:

• Members

Personally, I don't like to do more than I have to so I'd leave the second LED out. But the dual ganged pot idea is cool. You could also wire it up so that one LED is on when the pedal is bypassed and another LED on when the effect is on.

Archived