Anybody here using Boss PS-2 PS-2 Digital Pitch Shifter/Delay?

valvestate

• Members

What sounds can I achieve with this pedal? I tried to search for video clips in YouTube but nada. Can I get good delay sounds from it? Guy is trying to swap his PS-2 for my Zoom PowerDrive with additional cash on my side. Worth it?

:confused:

• Members

Well, it's certainly quite different to the PS-3 which (if you've hear one) is quite clean, beautiful and crystalline sounding.

Basically it's quite a primitive single voice shifter that does quite a good 12 string imitation (using an octave up) or makes a range of evil noises... if you're after it for shimmering, pristine effects then it's probably not the best.

The delay goes to 2 seconds, and is v-e-r-y coarse sounding - it feeds back like sheer hell with some truly vile high frequency filtering... can be used to create old WWII movie submarine 'sonar' sounds when you jerk around the delay time. It's seriously one of the most horrid delays out there (I've had alot of delays!)

The pitch shifter when in 'manual' mode can be effected by the feedback pot which means if you set it to a position where it's close the the fundamental it will scream at you. And there's also a little secret in that the 'tuner out' jack is essentially an oscillator which spits out whatever pitch the 'pitch' pot is set at, kinda like a synth note.

Sound like fun to you? I'm beginning to miss mine as I type this!

• Members

The pitch shifter when in 'manual' mode can be effected by the feedback pot which means if you set it to a position where it's close the the fundamental it will scream at you.

i love that noise. freaked me out the first time though

And there's also a little secret in that the 'tuner out' jack is essentially an oscillator which spits out whatever pitch the 'pitch' pot is set at, kinda like a synth note.

i didn't know that i'm going to try it tonightttt

my ps-2 is great. i was struggling between a ps-3 and ps-2 when i got it, wish i got the ps-3 back then cause they were almost the same price on ebay then. but i don't regret getting the ps-2 at all though. i wish it had an expression pedal input though.... would be so cool..

• Members

It is not "horrible" in any way at all, actually.

It's a great alternative to crystal clear digital delays. It has some lo-fi, lower bit-rate type delay sounds.

The pitch shifter tracks much faster than the PS-3.

The delay on the PS-2 is one of my favorite digital delays, actually.

Archived