On topic: M Audio Blues Pro or Crunchbox?

Dolf

• Members

I have the option to trade my tonefactor huckleberry for one of these and frankly, I can't figure out which one I need more.

My dirt is thus:

H.B.E. Germania treble booster

H.B.E. Power Screamer (mid gain TS-style overdrive and then some)

Big Muff (fuzz, lol)

Melxotone (high gain fuzz/drive)

Singing Tree Drive (low gain, great sounding slightly fuzzy od)

I can see how I could use either, but I can't figure out which one I would benefit from the most...HALP.

I think I'm leaning toward the Blues Pro simply because I've never really used a great "distortion" pedal...:confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Members

Think of it this way --

Blues Pro - Modded Tubescreamer ... but still a kickass overdrive. Decent amount of gain, but cleans up well too. Mine was on almost all the time.

Crunch Box - High gain distortion ... think cranked JCM800. Just brilliant. Tons of gain ... but doesn't clean up that much. Great for heavy rhythm, searing leads.

Get which one you need more. I'd go for the Crunch Box if I had your rig, simply because it'd be the most different from what you've already got.

• Members

Think of it this way --

Blues Pro - Modded Tubescreamer ... but still a kickass overdrive. Decent amount of gain, but cleans up well too. Mine was on almost all the time.

Crunch Box - High gain distortion ... think cranked JCM800. Just brilliant. Tons of gain ... but doesn't clean up that much. Great for heavy rhythm, searing leads.

Get which one you need more. I'd go for the Crunch Box if I had your rig, simply because it'd be the most different from what you've already got.

That's all I needed to know. I didn't realize the Blues Pro was a TS-style pedal.

Problem solved.

• Members

That's all I needed to know. I didn't realize the Blues Pro was a TS-style pedal.

Problem solved.

Well.... it's not exactly a TS.

I don't know if you've seen this, but I figured I'd post it since it was relevant.

[YOUTUBE]iuAQorhrbqs[/YOUTUBE]

Archived