Any no-reverb players out there?

DanJep

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I shut the reverb off on my Hotrod a few weeks ago and I don't think I'll turn it back on. :poke: Does anyone else use a dry amp? Does anyone think I'm crazy?

no.....mine's footswitchable, it's off about 70% of the time.....so no I don't think you are crazy, to me having it on all the time would be like leaving a chorus on all the time.

• Members

You're definitely crazy!!!
:cop:
If you Hotrods reverb is even slightly close to my DRRI reverb, your a complete fruitcake.
:freak:

It's definitely fender reverb. I just like the punchiness of a dry amp, I feel like there is more :rawk:.

• Members

My Orange Tiny Terror has no reverb and I didn't miss it, but then I bought an Ibanez Delay pedal to fatten up my sound. Unfortunately the Ibanez sucked the tone from my amp.

So, I returned it and bought a Boss ME20 Multi-effects pedal, but it sounded to digital and was not easy to tweak.

I upgraded from the ME20 to a Boss ME-50 yesterday and I love it.

22 distortions, 15 delays, and lots of other easily tweakable effects.

I actually find myself using subtle reverb and delay and I love it.:thu:

I thought it would be sacreligious to put a digital effect in front of my Tiny Terror, but it sounds right:)

Howard

• Members

I haven't used reverb yet, so I can't tell you if you're crazy or not. However, I can say that I'd use it a lot if I did use it. I'm sorry that you took out your tank, but to each his own, I guess.

I didn't take the tank out.. Just turned the verb knob to zero.

Archived