OT: Finally the Nigerians like me!

• Members

It's taken me 11 years of being online to finally get one of these emails. I feel like I've finally been accepted as a valid human being.

( FUNDS RELEASE FROM U.N OFFICE NEW YORK ) ( INTERNATIONAL FUNDS TRANSFER / AUDIT UNIT )

UNITED NATIONS WORLD BANK ASSISTED PROGRAMMEDIRECTORATE OF INTERNATIONALPAYMENT AND TRANSFERS870

UNITED NATIONS PLAZA 20-ANEW YORK

NY 10017

WIRE TRANSFER/AUDIT UNIT. UNITED NATIONS CONTRACT FUNDS REF:WB/NF/UN/XX027. ATTN:BENEFICIARY,

This is to acknowledge the receipt of your claim application as theimmediate contract payment from united nations your name was discovered asnext on the list of the outstanding contractors who have not receivedtheir payments and we have verified the account number and it has beenconfirmed Ok today. Following the resolution and settlement of the payment by the UnitedNations in conjunction with the world bank, an irrevocable instructionsand authorization has been given to us today to process and effect yourpayment valued at US$10.5M (Ten Million Five Hundred Thousand UnitedStates Dollars only) due to you as the outstanding contractors withoutdelay. However, please be officially informed that your settlement as theoutstanding contractor valued at US$10.5MUSD is under due processing andupon the approval of the payment we shall immediately transfer your totalfunds into your designated account and it will be confirmed in youraccount without any delay. Therefore, be rest assured that we shall ensure that your fund istransferred into your bank account as soon as the processing and approvalsof the funds has been completed by us, then we shall effect the transferimmediately without any delay. Note that all the relevant remittance sliprelating to this transfer will be sent to you and your banker for theclearance of the funds with your bank.

To this end, We are pleased to inform you that we are going to effect yourtotal payment through any of the following mode of payment below:

(1) SPECIAL CASH PAYMENT

(2) SWIFT/TELEGRAPHIC WIRE TRANSFER

(3) INTERNATIONAL CERTIFIED BANK DRAFT

{4} A.T.M CARD

Dear, You are hereby advised to choose any of the above options that suityou to enable this reputable office finalize and effect your paymentwithout any delay. Note that the funds will transfer in US Dollars.

Note that you must re-confirm the following information to me of Probatefor final authentication and approval of your Contract fund.

(1)Your full name.

(2)Phone, fax and mobile #.

(3) Companys name, position and address.

(4) Profession, age and marital status.

(5) Copy of int'l passport or any scanned identity to prove you.

(6) Home Equity {YES OR NO}.

Finally, as a matter of urgency you are advised to contact Rev. Dr.WILLIAMS SMITH International Audit unit, United Nations Liaison Office InWest Africa Abuja Nigeria, via e-mailL:

Act accordingly. I will be waiting for your urgent and prompt response.

CONGRATULATIONS.

CAPT. JAMES.C.WILLIAMSUNITED NATIONS, NEW YORK.

Can you imagine what a Nigerian guitar forum spam thread looks like? I imagine it's full of adverts reading "WTB Boss Metal Zone. Will offer $5 million dollars via Western Union plus full and exclusive use of two busty young harlots who have no inhibitions".

• Members

I always respond the them now and say something along the lines of "Oh wow, so all that money for me! Is there anything I can do to help push this through quickly like give you my bank details or any cash?"

• Members

me too, they just sent me an e-mail and i sent them a reply. hopefully they will e-mail me back. i wrote back to them in all caps, so they would feel better.

From Nigerians to Me:

On Jun 10, 2008, at 10:47 AM, CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA wrote:

FROM THE DESK OF
MR. TUNDE LEMO
DEPUTY GOVERNOR FINANCIAL SECTOR SURVEILLANCE
CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA
TO KNOW MORE ABOUT ME, KINDLY VISIT THIS
NOTE; THIS TRANSACTION IS PERSONAL BETWEEN ME AND YOU SO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO INFORM ANY MEMBER OF THE CENTRAL BANK OF MY INVOLVEMENT IN THIS MATTER
RE TRANSFER OF US$18.5MILLION.
HELLO,
I AM MR. TUNDE LEMO, DEPUTY GOVERNOR FINANCIAL SECTOR SURVEILLANCE CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA.I'M PLEASED TO CONTACT YOU BASED ON A CONTRACT WHICH HAS BEEN EXECUTED BY A FOREIGN FIRM FOR THE NIGERIA NATIONAL PETROLEUM CO-OPERATION (NNPC) BY THE IMMEDIATE PAST ADMINISTRATION THE CONTRACTORS HAS BEEN PAID THEIR FULL AMOUNT LEAVING THE ACCRUED INTEREST OF US$18.5MILLION WHICH WAS REALIZED AS A RESULT OF DELIBERATE DELAY BY ME ON THEIR PAYMENT AND THE MONEY STILL REFLECTING IN THE CO-OPERATION'S ACCOUNT IN THE CENTRAL BANK AS UNPAID.
THIS CONTRACT WORTHS USD$82.5MILLION ACCORDING TO RECORDS,HAS BEEN EXECUTED AND THE MONEY HAS BEEN PAID TO THE FOREIGN FIRM. BEING THE DEPUTY GOVERNOR OF CENTRAL BANK, I AM LOOKING FOR A NEUTRAL FOREIGNER LIKE YOU WHO WILL PRESENT HIMSELF/HERSELF AS THE FOREIGN CONTRACTOR WHO EXECUTED THE CONTRACT SO THAT WE WILL CLAIM THIS ACCRUED INTEREST OF US$18.5MILLION THAT IS LEFT BEHIND AND SHARE IT ACCORDINGLY.
ONE GOOD THING ABOUT THIS BUSINESS TRANSACTION IS THAT ALL THE NECESSARY DOCUMENTS THAT WILL BE APPROVED FOR THE SMOOTH PAYMENT OF THIS MONEY WILL HAVE TO PASS THROUGH MY OFFICE FOR FINAL APPROVAL.I WILL ALSO LIKE TO INFORM YOU THAT THIS TRANSACTION IS 100% RISK FREE AND THAT YOU ARE NOT AT ANY RISK AT ALL.THE MONEY WILL BE SHARED AS FOLLOWS AT THE SUCCESSFUL CONCLUSION OF THIS TRANSACTION: 30% FOR YOURSELF (ACCOUNT OWNER), 65% FOR MYSELF AND WE WILL SET ASIDE 5% FOR THE TRANSFER EXPENSES.
AS SOON AS YOU ACCEPT THIS OFFER, YOU WILL FORWARD TO ME YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATIONS WHICH I WILL FORWARD TO THE ACCOUNTS DEPT OF CBN FOR ONWARD PROCESSING, APPROVAL AND TRANSFER OF THE MONEY INTO YOUR ACCOUNT.
YOURS IN BUSINESS,
MR. TUNDE LEMO.
(DEPUTY GOVERNOR FINANCIAL SECTOR SURVEILLANCE CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA)

from me to the Nigerians:

WITH THE DEPOSIT OF THIS MONEY, WILL MY {censored} BE SENT BEFORE THE URGENT DRAFT BOARD? I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH YOUR PROPOSALS. WHAT INFORMATION DO I NEED TO GIVE TO GET THIS MONEY? THIS HAS COME AT SUCH A GOOD TIME! DO I NEED TO GO TO NIGERIA? HOW DOES THIS WORK FOR A PERSON LIKE ME? PLEASE ADVISE THAT I HAVE AT LEAST USD$20,000.00 IN MY SAVINGS ACCOUNT. I CAN USE THIS IF YOU NEED ME TO? I WANT 18 MILLION DOLLARS DELIVERED TO MY HOUSE, IF THAT IS GOOD WITH YOU. PLEASE WRITE ME BACK AS SOON AS YOU POSSIBLY CAN, IN MY HANDWRITING.

IN THE NAME OF ALL THAT IS HOLY,

CHUCK BUCKLEY LEVENWORTH

• Members

still using williams huh.

i used to get craigslist responces to amps and guitars and whatnot from them and it would only be signed as "williams".i always thought,cmon now youve been scamming the internet for over a decade,you havnt figured out that no one ends an email with just a last name written? apparently they did figure it out.obviously,you should put captain in front of it,i mean ,we run into so many captains day in and day out.whats not to trust?

Archived