Anyone use those Rondo pedal boards?

Fusion1

• Members

I think they are pretty solid, but the latches are kinda iffy after time. I wouldn't get the big one because the larger it is, the more likely it will go out of alignment sooner and end up falling apart or not giving adequate protection. From what I hear, the small ones are great for the cash, though.

• Members

I've got one (the large one), it's nice looking and it works well to take to gigs, etc. I haven't done any heavy touring, and I've got a feeling that it might not put up with that because it's fairly light-weight. However, it works well for my purposes.

• Members
Holy crap that gigantic board is huge. Unless you have some sort of midi or loop system going on, thats quite a stretch if you're tap dancing.

Not if you're John Frusciante :cop:

But seriously, I'd almost prefer a long-ass board that only has 1 or 2 rows instead of the "vaguely 4:3" boards that have 3 or sometimes 4 deep of pedals... too many knobs to accidentally hit with your foot.

• Members

Hmmm thanks guys I was considering the Large/Extra wide ones for $39.99. I might pull the plug this week. I'm thinking of bypassing the velcro entirely as I used for years a super small powered Arion pedal board and I liked the idea I could swap pedals as I wish and the thick foam on the interior of the cover pressed very tight against the pedals when closed so they never shifted once it was closed. I might buy some memory foam to do the same thing for this.

• Members

seem nice. but the "cheap" price tag kinda makes me wonder. though I'm the type of guy that would buy it and upgrade the necessary stuff. I like to save a buck when I can.

That's my typical philosophy, but it's kind of a pain in the ass to "upgrade" latches on a case like that... you'd ahve to find the right replacement latches, pop the rivets, install new ones or bolts, etc... I am all for low-end theory but I really appreciate my Pedaltrain sometimes.

• Members

I think you get what you pay for is probably the case here, it's just too bad the weakest link are the latches as they wouldn't have costed much more to get heavier duty ones from the beginning and charge say $10 more per board.

• Members

I've said this before... I'm always afraid that the hinges are just going to fail and the bottom will open, dumping all my stuff on the floor. They've already started to bend so that the case doesn't close super snugly anymore. It's not bad... about 1/8" or less of slack. They certainly do the job for light to moderate use. I have two that are 27.5" wide by 12" deep. It is almost the perfect size for a medium-sized board. The 12" depth is fine for two rows of Boss/MXR sized pedals... a little tight for a row of those and then a row of larger pedals (DMM, DL-4, etc.). I stuck a piece of plywood on top of the velcro material the boards come with... unless they've changed it, the material is crap, and it also comes unglued pretty quickly. I also have foam in the lid to keep things in place.

I've also said this before, but I think the handle is comfy and the case feels pretty balanced.

Here are a couple incarnations of my boards in those cases:

IMG_5182.JPG

IMG_2849.jpg

• Members

But seriously, I'd almost prefer a long-ass board that only has 1 or 2 rows instead of the "vaguely 4:3" boards that have 3 or sometimes 4 deep of pedals... too many knobs to accidentally hit with your foot.

I second this.

i wish my RockCase were Six inches wider and six inches shallower.

In fact, I wish we had those boards in Britain for that price.

Even in pounds, they're great value.

I'd get two GIGANTIC ones.

Archived