Wah Wah parts dealer?

• Members

The plastic toothed shaft that comes down from the pedal and engages the gear on the pot of my wah wah is now stripped, after 29 years. I would like to replace it and the pot. Is there a source for these?

Before anyone kills me, I went through the list in the sticky and after 30 minutes of searching, couldn't find what I was looking for, since most sold complete units.

• Members

actually try these guys.

North Star Audio Pro Pot, Stuart Castledine Electronics, Wah Pedal Repairs

3148 Kalihi Street

Honolulu, HI 96819-3059

United States

Phone: 808-848-5603

Description:

Manufacturer of the Pro Pot premium upgrade wah potentiometer. Importer and North American distributor of the Stuart Castledine electronics for custom upgrades for wah pedals.

• Members

The plastic toothed shaft that comes down from the pedal and engages the gear on the pot of my wah wah is now stripped, after 29 years. I would like to replace it and the pot. Is there a source for these?

Before anyone kills me, I went through the list in the sticky and after 30 minutes of searching, couldn't find what I was looking for, since most sold complete units.

Have you contacted Dunlop??? The part you are looking for is called The Rack Gear.I wonder what solvent got on the gear to make it wear out.?? Never seen that before..:wave:

• Members

Thanks everyone!

No solvent got on it. The pot corroded over time internally, creating resistance. The stress of operation against this resistance wore the teeth in the central area, not enough to make it unserviceable, but enough to give me worry about catastrophic failure in front of a crowd.

That is why I need to replace the pot also.

• Members

The plastic toothed shaft that comes down from the pedal and engages the gear on the pot of my wah wah

the "rack" it engages a "pinion gear" (the on on the pot)

you may have heard the term "Rack & Pinion steering" for automotive technology...same basic idea

Archived