Do you think Boss will ever reissue the CS-2?

• Members

It's a good compressor but I doubt they will re-issue it, they are more likely to release a CS-4 i'd have thought...a company like Boss isn't likely to go backwards.

They do come up on ebay quite frequently though and sometimes you can get a good BIN if you stay sharp.

• Members

It's a good compressor but I doubt they will re-issue it, they are more likely to release a CS-4 i'd have thought...a company like Boss isn't likely to go backwards.

They do come up on ebay quite frequently though and sometimes you can get a good BIN if you stay sharp.

They won't re-issue that.. or anything most likely.

but that said, I've got mine and love it so... whatever.

and it'd be a cs-5 Melx, Boss doesn't like 4's...

I think the only 4 is the PQ-4?:confused:

• Members

4 is shi in japanese and if i remember correctly, shi is the root of the japanese word for death...

and boss doesn't really do "reissues" they mostly just tag more numbers at the end of the name and "improve" on the design.

correct about 4.

I think boss (actually roland) has a policy not to reissue stuff.

• Members

No CS-4, or DD-4, or DS-4, or anything with 4. 4 is unlucky in Japan much like 13 in the other parts of the world. They don't have 4th floors on elevators there.

Anyway, yeah the CS-2 is a great little comp but I doubt Boss will reissue. I mean, when was the last time Boss reissued a Boss pedal? Never. The last reissue I know is the RE-20 but thats technically not a reissue.

Archived