Gear whores non-anonymous.

Crxsh

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i wanted to downsize my board, but now i feel an upgrade to a pt-2 is inevitable.

hi my name's dan and i'm addicted to boxes that make noise
:wave:

I sorta went through the same process.... and now I have a PT2.

• Members

I {censored}in hate pedals.

:cop: Then you're not wanted here.

j/k :wave:

And this isn't just for you pedalwhores (speaking of, haven't seen that guy around lately). This is for gearwhores. Amp & guitar buyers are welcome too.

• Members

Stupid house buying is getting in the way, but I am whoring it up vicariously through you numnuts

Truth is though man, I'm actually quite jealous of you right now. I'm getting really sick of 670 sq. feet to live in. Truthfully, and this is the truth, but I'd gladly give up buying gear if it meant I could have a house. Consider yourself lucky friend.

• Members

Truth is though man, I'm actually quite jealous of
you
right now. I'm getting really sick of 670 sq. feet to live in. Truthfully, and this is the truth, but I'd gladly give up buying gear if it meant I could have a house. Consider yourself lucky friend.

Well, my advice would be to start squirreling moniez away now, man! Unless you have a small mint stashed already, you'd be amazed at how the costs start piling up - and that's just before closing! But paying your mortgage is better than paying your landlord's mortgage:thu: Of course, once we're in the new house and the lil lady says that something's broken, I can't yell from the couch, "Well, call the landlord, then." That's gonna suck.

• Members

Of course, once we're in the new house and the lil lady says that something's broken, I can't yell from the couch, "Well, call the landlord, then." That's gonna suck.

Amen to that ... we thought our air conditioner was broken on Monday (the temp was hovering at about 100*) ... I nearly {censored} my pants thinking about the repair bill.

• Members

Amen to that ... we thought our air conditioner was broken on Monday (the temp was hovering at about 100*) ... I nearly {censored} my pants thinking about the repair bill.

Oh, yeah, man, renting got me out of sooooo much stupid crap!

Wife: doesn't that uneven paint job bother you over there? The landlord said there's paint in the basement and we could cover that up.

Me: Aahhh, we rent, so NO, I'm not doing anything unless I get paid for it.

Another time:

Wife: Wanna clean up all those dead leaves and branches under the bushes?

Me: Aaah, NO, we rent.

Another time:

Me (giving directions to someone): ... It's the white house w/ the grey shutters.

Wife: Are you serious!? You've lived here how long! [about 1.5 yrs at that point] And you seriously don't know that the shutters are BLUE!

Me: ... Sorry dude, I guess the shutters are blue. But the house is white. I'm pretty sure of that.

Wife: You're not serious. How do you not know what color the shutters are?

Me: Aaah, we rent.

I'll miss that.

• Members

Well, my advice would be to start squirreling moniez away now, man! Unless you have a small mint stashed already, you'd be amazed at how the costs start piling up - and that's just before closing! But paying your mortgage is better than paying your landlord's mortgage:thu: Of course, once we're in the new house and the lil lady says that something's broken, I can't yell from the couch, "Well, call the landlord, then." That's gonna suck.

Yep. That's what we're doing. The wife and I are both just a little more than a year out of (private) school ... and we graduated with a great deal of debt thanks to that. We played it smart (we think) though and came up with financial plan to pay all of that down within 3 years or less (hopefully) -- which is why we're renting. There are a lot of peripheral costs with home ownership we realized, so we opted to have a (generally) fixed price for cost of living. I mean, we had a decent amount of cash stored away for a down payment, but decided to use all that to pay off a decent-size loan I had w/ a high interest rate. Anyway, we're about 7 months into our plan and if the math is right, we've already paid down our debt by about $20k by living off of my salary and putting the majority of hers toward the loans. We're still saving a little here and there have managed to save up just about less than half of what we had before for a down payment.

That'll come soon enough. But still ... I'm jealous that you have a house.

• Members

But seriously Nick ... any home is kind of a money pit no matter how nice it is. Even if nothing is broken you (or at least your wife) are gonna want to make improvements. If you want to buy a house you're on the right track buying as much gear as possible now.

• Members

I'm jealous that you and the wife can pay so much off your debts already! Bastard. That's the one area me and Mrs. Dap need to SERIOUSLY improve upon. good for you guys!

Yep. That's what we're doing. The wife and I are both just a little more than a year out of (private) school ... and we graduated with a great deal of debt thanks to that. We played it smart (we think) though and came up with financial plan to pay all of that down within 3 years or less (hopefully) -- which is why we're renting. There are a lot of peripheral costs with home ownership we realized, so we opted to have a (generally) fixed price for cost of living. I mean, we had a decent amount of cash stored away for a down payment, but decided to use all that to pay off a decent-size loan I had w/ a high interest rate. Anyway, we're about 7 months into our plan and if the math is right, we've already paid down our debt by about $20k by living off of my salary and putting the majority of hers toward the loans. We're still saving a little here and there have managed to save up just about less than half of what we had before for a down payment.

That'll come soon enough. But still ... I'm jealous that you have a house.

• Members

I'm jealous that you and the wife can pay so much off your debts already! Bastard. That's the one area me and Mrs. Dap need to SERIOUSLY improve upon. good for you guys!

If there's one thing we can't stand -- it's debt. Manageable debt, like a mortgage or car payment, that's fine ... but when we're paying 5-8% on $50k ... that's gotta go. Not the worst rates I guess (not like a 19-24% credit card), but we figured we'd have to rough it out in a small place for a couple (few years) until that was all paid off before we could get a bigger place. And really, I think we'll be happier (and better off for it) in the end. I mean, I know people in their 40's who are still paying off loans from college. I'll be damned if that's gonna happen.

• Members

with all due respect, please stfu about your debt and houses...this thread about wasting money on meaningless things like pedals and {censored}

thank you

You are correct.

Here's a list of my gearwhore-ish in the past year:

Guitars:

Fender Tex Mex Strat

Gibson SG Special Faded (GFS Pups)

LTD EC-400 (Sunburst | Rockfield & Duncan Pups)

Squier Vintage Modified Tele Thinline

Effects:

Behringer EQ700 Graphic Equalizer

Behringer SM200 Slow Motion

Behringer UO100 Octave

Behringer V-Amp Pro (Bass) w/ Midi Controller (partial trade on an amp... sold immediately)

BOSS BD-2

BOSS BD-2 w/ DIY Phat Mod

BOSS DD-3

BOSS DD-5

BOSS DD-7 On the way!

BOSS DD-20

BOSS FS-5U

BOSS HR-2

BOSS PH-2

BOSS MT-2

BOSS RC-2

BOSS RC-20

BOSS RV-3

BOSS SD-1 w/ Monte Allums 808 Mod

BOSS TU-2

BYOC TS808 (By Belt)

Catalinbread Semaphore

Catalinbread Silver Kiss (MKI)

Crxsh Bxxst (By Dap99)

Dano Fish & Chips EQ

DOD FX69 Grunge

DOD FX270 A/B Box

Digitech Whammy IV

DLS EchoTAP

EHX Deluxe Memory Man

EHX Holy Stain w/ DEVI PEEP

EHX LPB-1

EHX MicroPOG

EHX Nano Clone

EHX Small Clone

EHX Small Stone (Sovtek)

Ernie Ball Volume Pedal Jr.

Guyatone WR-2 Wah Rocker

Ibanez DE-7

JHSmods BluDRIVE

Keeley Fuzz Head

Lovepedal 200lbs of Tone

Line 6 DL4

Line 6 EX-1

Line 6 PODxt Live

MI Audio Blue Boy Deluxe Overdrive

MI Audio Blues Pro Overdrive (V1)

MI Audio Crunch Box (V1)

MI Audio Crunch Box (V2)

Montgomery Appliances Filter / Sample & Hold

MXR Carbon Copy

MXR DoubleShot Distortion

MXR Phase 90

MXR Phase 100

MXR Super Comp

MXR ZW-44 Zakk Wylde Overdrive

Skreddy Mayo

Skreddy Screw Driver

Voodoo Labs Tremolo

Zvex Box of Rock (Vexter)

Zvex Fuzz Factory (Vexter)

Pedalboards:

Gator Pedal Tote

CNB Large Pedal Case

PedalTrain 2

AMPS:

Fender Blues Junior (Custom Teak Cabinet, BillM mods, Eminence Cannabis Rex speaker)

Crate VFX5212

Orange Tiny Terror w/ Marshall TSLC212

Roland MicroCube

Archived