How is the Qtron+?

• Members

The QTron plus is the way to go. Having the effects loop is a lot of fun to play with. I like to put the Octave Multiplexer, the Micro Synthesizer, and the vintage Polyphase in the loop to get some really fatass aggro synth sounds.

I'd like to try that some time. I have a Mini Q-tron that I like - it works best with certain types of dirt. And you need to have your guitar's volume all the way up I've found. I'd also like to try the Emma filter, supposed to be real nice.

• Members

The QTron plus is the way to go. Having the effects loop is a lot of fun to play with. I like to put the Octave Multiplexer, the Micro Synthesizer, and the vintage Polyphase in the loop to get some really fatass aggro synth sounds.

What I'm really beginning to think is whether I should get the Qtron+ or the Tube Zipper. I know both are probably different beasts, but if you had to recommend one for someone that is looking for basic and creative uses which one would you choice?

• Members
What I'm really beginning to think is whether I should get the Qtron+ or the Tube Zipper. I know both are probably different beasts, but if you had to recommend one for someone that is looking for basic and creative uses which one would you choice?

I haven't tried a Tube Zipper yet, but I'll be buying one as soon as I can find one for about $130; so I can't recommend one over the other. The TZ seems pretty flexible - Dist + Filter, Filter only, or Dist only; but there isn't an effects loop. You might be able to accomplish an approximation of the TZ with the Q-Tron + by adding a distortion pedal in the effects loop. :idk: Regardless, the TZ is being discontinued, according to PureTube, so you might want to jump on one ASAP before they start selling for $300+.

• Members
Regardless, the TZ is being discontinued, according to PureTube, so you might want to jump on one ASAP before they start selling for $300+.

:eek: Glad I picked mine up a few months ago. Any of the other tube pedals going away? I really want to get a Wiggler soon.

Archived