I can't wait to get my Euthymia Crucible

Loobster

• Members

This'll be my first Fuzz Face style fuzz and from the soundclips I've heard and reviews I've read, it sounds fantastic - should be with me Tuesday or Wednesday. Now I need a Strat and I can rip out some Band of Gypsies.

• Members
The Silicon.

Gareth, I traded it with a guy and that was the first time I'd really explored them myself. I did a quick bit of research before I accepted the trade and loved what I found. They look great eh?

Yeah, they do! They also sound fantastic, there are some very Hendrixy tones to be had from this pedal it seems from listening to the clips on the site. Maybe you'll make some clips when you get it... :)

Is the Fuzz Face more of an overdrive type fuzz? It definitely doesn't sound as harsh as some other fuzzes that I've heard.

• Members

To be honest it's a lot more in line with the kind of sound I had 'in my head', to use a cliche. When I think of Fuzz I tend to think of Hendrix's tones first and foremost. I'll definitely do some clips. I think the Fuzz Face can be a lot more flutey/overdrive(y) than other fuzzes but I think it can also do quite a spluttery fat and fuzzy sound too. I'm not sure - I'm not fuzz expert. I just hope it gets those Hendrixy sounds.

• Members

To be honest it's a lot more in line with the kind of sound I had 'in my head', to use a cliche. When I think of Fuzz I tend to think of Hendrix's tones first and foremost. I'll definitely do some clips. I think the Fuzz Face can be a lot more flutey/overdrive(y) than other fuzzes but I think it can also do quite a spluttery fat and fuzzy sound too. I'm not sure - I'm not fuzz expert. I just hope it gets those Hendrixy sounds.

Hopefully you will.

• Members

I haven't tried any of the Euthymia pedals thought I've heard good things. I go to Eric (the builder) for amp repair, good guy.

I was looking into the Crucible and ICBM....I might get one one of these days

Archived