Messed up my Crybaby! Need help

• Members

So I modded my GCB95 to true bypass using a DPDT switch. Everything went great. So when I went back to tidy up the wiring, now theres no sound. Even in bypass. I tried to resolder the input wire back nothing is happening except that theres this buzz type that gets wah-ed when I click the switch to on. I don't know what to do now. What I do know is that the switch works because if I click it to off, theres no sound but when its on, its that buzz wah sound.

I need help! I also think that the hole that I put the input wire through is messed up.

I took out the input buffer by the way.

• Members

clean this up! if it's making a wah sound i reckon your input signal is being grounded or {censored}ed with somewhere

How? Sorry I'm new (again) to electronics. Took classes around 8 years ago. Forgot a whole lot. But soldering and other things I know.

• Members
How? Sorry I'm new (again) to electronics. Took classes around 8 years ago. Forgot a whole lot. But soldering and other things I know.

Got a way to get some decent pictures of the work? That'd help a lot in trying to come up with solutions. . . :thu:

• Members

It sounds like the switch was damaged during the re-soldering. The buzz being wah:ed indicates the buzz is generated before the wah circuit (i.e. most likely at the switch). Check the green wire (carrying the main input signal to the switch).

/Andreas

Archived