visual sound double trouble dual overdrive pedal. Wow!!! Who here has played one?

• Members

Curious about a couple of things with this pedal. I just picked one up yesterday and gigged it just 3 hours later. This thing is incredibly easy to get great tones out of. I was worried that I'd have to mess with it for a few hours to get some usable sounds but it only took me about 10 minutes to have both channels pretty well set.

Has anyone here played one?

The thing I'm curious about is it's supposed to be an identical clone of the TS808 pedal but with slightly more drive and volume. I've never played through an 808 but it always seems to be one of the highest rated OD pedals so I was curious how close the double trouble comes to the 808's sound.

Any other opinions on this pedal in general?

BTW, I've been playing a bad monkey for the last couple of years and this one easily took its place and sounded better, imo. It also has more gain if you want it. With the BM, I would sometimes max out the gain on some songs. With the DT, I never had to go past halfway to get roughly the same amount of gain.

Really nice pedal! And I managed to get sam ash to match the 15% guitar center coupon. :thu:

• Members

Is this the new version? I hear it is nice, never played one myself. Thing with the Bad Monkey, it actually makes for a nice boost pedal, having separate bass and treble controls. Turn the gain real low and it does some nice things with your amp or with other pedals. As a standalone OD, it's good, but there's better out there, yes. But quite good as a booster. You might want to keep yours just for that reason.

• Members
Is this the new version? I hear it is nice, never played one myself. Thing with the Bad Monkey, it actually makes for a nice boost pedal, having separate bass and treble controls. Turn the gain real low and it does some nice things with your amp or with other pedals. As a standalone OD, it's good, but there's better out there, yes. But quite good as a booster. You might want to keep yours just for that reason.

I'll be keeping the monkey but the DT works just as well for a clean boost as the monkey. Plus, since it's a dual pedal I can set one for clean boost or slight crunch ala Mary Jane's Last Dance, then set the second one for driven lead tones. Of course, you can stack them for even more drive. :thu:

So, basically it gives me three pedals in one. And it sounds better than the monkey. The monkey will be used as my backup from now on.

Archived