OT: Class war is being waged, and we're losing.

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ahh let em be rich, they'll all end up pissing and {censored}ting themselves like the rest of us.

That would be a fine philosophy if people could at least muster middle-class economic status in America. It's really gone south around here, though. I hate to say it, but 5 terms of Republican executives in the last 30 years has destroyed the "American Dream." This is not to suggest that the democrats haven't had a hand in this, they're corporate shills, too.

I encourage all Americans to watch the videos. It's not your fault you're struggling. It's not because you can't do it, it's because they won't let you do it.

Bill Moyers said, "Consider this: For the past thirty years the productivity of American workers has increased by 76 percent. But their real hourly wages have risen less than two percent. So the paradox is that people are working harder but still falling behind."

This {censored} is outrageous. Feeling tired, overworked, underpaid? You are and for no good reason other than lining some rich scumbag's pockets.

• Members

So whats so wrong with globalization?

For one thing, it allows for corporations to wreak havoc on entire nations. The power they wield is becoming insurmountable. It's a silent war they're waging. Our environment has been turned to {censored}, our quality of life has turned to {censored}, we are becoming more and more powerless. They've been doing it all over in smaller countries for a century. Now it's happening in America. If it can happen in America, it will happen in your country. Speak out now or there will be no one left to speak out for you when it's your turn.

• Members

For one thing, it allows for corporations to wreak havoc on entire nations. The power they wield is becoming insurmountable. It's a silent war they're waging. Our environment has been turned {censored}, our quality of life has turned to {censored}, we are becoming more and more powerless. They've been doing it all over in smaller countries for a century. Now it's happening in America. If it can happen in America, it
will
happen in your country. Speak out now or there will be no one left to speak out for you when it's your turn.

I'm not into this anti-corporate thing. After all, without these big corporations you wouldn't have a computer to type that post. Without big corporations you wouldn't have a cell network, let alone a cellphone. Without big corporations you wouldn't have the car you drive, or the bus you ride, or the taxi you hail, or the train you catch.

• Members

There was a day in our country when it was illegal to charge 28% interest on any loan. Now they can charge 99% interest.

Yeah sucks to be alive eh? For one thing, its either that or you move to a remote location in the north pole. You choose.

• Members

I'm not into this anti-corporate thing. After all, without these big corporations you wouldn't have a computer to type that post. Without big corporations you wouldn't have a cell network, let alone a cellphone. Without big corporations you wouldn't have the car you drive, or the bus you ride, or the taxi you hail, or the train you catch.

That doesn't mean they should be allowed to operate without any sense of ethics, though.

• Members

That doesn't mean they should be allowed to operate without any sense of ethics, though.

What is ethics then? Its subjective. What could be ethical for them may not be ethical for you.

Well if you believe they lack ethics, then don't buy their products. That simple. Who knows, when you're without your luxuries, someone might do the same.

• Members

That's just silly. Productivity and technological progress are not inherent to big corporations. You could have the same things in a communist state. Often corporations are using their patents and influence to shunt progress.

• Members

That's just silly. Productivity and technological progress are not inherent to big corporations. You could have the same things in a communist state. Often corporations are using their patents and influence to shunt progress.

Lets see those little companies provide cellphones and networks. If they do, I stand corrected.

• Members

I'm not into this anti-corporate thing.

I'm with you Weenie. Corporations and the "Upper Class" are always the target for those of us who earn less. It's also why people like Obama get elected to "redistribute" our income. I despise the fact that a portion of my salary is given to people who are less motivated or less responsible than me (which enables the cycle of this behavior to continue).

With regards to "ethics", it is totally subjective. As long as laws are not broken companies should not be subjected to so-called ethical practices. If enough people find a certain practice unethical, make a law to prevent such practice (anti-trust laws for example).

And I disagree that technology and progress is equally obtainanable in a Communist State. Well, I guess it may be possible if you suppress and manipulate the populace, but I think history shows that people prefer freedom (Capitalism).

I have no problem with a CEO of a huge corporationn making 6 billion (or whatever) in salary. Those big companies provide jobs and keep our economy strong. New medical breakthroughs, medicine, computer technology, etc all all the result of our free, entrepreneurial, capitalist society.

I also like the fact that there is really no limit to the amount of money I am able to earn through my own hard work, education, and creativity.

Thank you big business!!!!

• Members

You could start a small cell-phone company with one tower from the back of Popular Mechanics. All it does is run the signal from your phone into a landline, for which the infrastructure is already there.

It sounds like your amazed at all the gadgetry that is available. Like Onyx mentioned, if it weren't for huge conglomerates gobbling up new technology to protect their financial interests, we'd have so much more. Just consider the patents that oil companies buy up and lock away to keep us hooked on fossil fuels.

• Members

I have no problem with a CEO of a huge corporationn making 6 billion (or whatever) in salary. Those big companies provide jobs and keep our economy strong. New medical breakthroughs, medicine, computer technology, etc all all the result of our free, entrepreneurial, capitalist society.

Those companies provide {censored}-wage jobs to most. Wal-Mart and McDonalds employ more people than any other companies in America!

I have a master's degree. I make a professional wage, but I'm from the working-class and I work with the working-class daily. What is your story that you have it so well in America?

• Members

The problem with unethical practice is that most of it happens in poorer countries. There won't be any laws to protect the citizens of Burma from being {censored}ed over by oil companies because the government wouldn't want that. They profit, and corporations profit, but the people suffer.

• Members

You could start a small cell-phone company with one tower from the back of Popular Mechanics. All it does is run the signal from your phone into a landline, for which the infrastructure is already there.

It sounds like your amazed at all the gadgetry that is available. Like Onyx mentioned, if it weren't for huge conglomerates gobbling up new technology to protect their financial interests, we'd have so much more. Just consider the patents that oil companies buy up and lock away to keep us hooked on fossil fuels.

I agree, completely. People are just too {censored}ing ignorant and continue to support corporate criminals.

There's tons of good sites with a wealth of info on corporations and their ethics.

Here's one: http://www.knowmore.org

• Members

Those companies provide {censored}-wage jobs to most. Wal-Mart and McDonalds employ more people than any other company in America!

I have a master's degree. I make a professional wage, but I'm from the working-class and I work with the working-class daily. What is your story that you have it so well in America?

So what do you plan on actually doing? Topple entire companies? With that, I bid you good luck and hope that you're working class wage can handle all the lawyer fees you're gonna pay.

• Members

By all means go start your own cell company if you find that these companies are assholes. I'd like to see that.

With the conglomerates thing, its the small company's decision to sell. It was Leo Fender's choice to sell to CBS. It was Jim Marshall's choice to sell to that company. In the end they regret it but it was their CHOICE. CHOICE meaning they had the option to say no.

• Members

Ahh let em be rich, they'll all end up pissing and {censored}ting themselves like the rest of us.

...except they'll be {censored}ting themselves in high quality care homes and you'll be relying on your kids to wipe the dribble from your chin every now and then.

• Members

Seriously, if you don't notice the infrastructure rotting before your eyes you're blind. Do you know why that is? Because big-box companies like Wal-Mart come into town and make a sweet deal. For building their generic buildings and offering low-wage jobs that don't offer insurance, they get to keep all sales tax they take in. This is typical across the country. So, when the little guys who have been passing on the sales taxes they collect for years go out of business because of big-box conglomerate X, there's no more revenue coming in. No sweat, we'll tax the hell out of gas, liquour, your home, cigarettes, automobile, etc, etc, etc...

Archived