Help me upgrade my delay.

Lanefair

• Members

SO I have a DD20 and an Echo park, and I love how they sound together and alone, but now I'm thinking 'there must be a pedal that can give me a good dual delay sound with some analog modelling and modulation and some presets etc etc.

So should I sell these and get a timefactor? Or a nova delay? I'd like to have trails, and I'd like to switch the pedal on and off using an external switch.

Cheers.

• Members

Well, The Nova doesn't let you turn it on and off through an external switch, so your Behemoth won't work with it.

I'm selling my DD-20 on ebay at the moment because I love combining it with my SMMH but I think the dual delays I use will sound much better in parallel than in series. I currently use the DD20 set to dotted 8ths and a couple of other shorter settings and I feed it into the SMMH on a long delay.

I think using the Nova will get it more accurate (because they're both tied to just one tapped tempo) and I also think it will sound way cleaner in parallel - expecially when i go stereo.

However, I know I will miss the Warp mode on the DD-20. I also wouldn't be surprised if I end up selling the Nova for a Timefactor, but right now the Timefactor is out of my reach price-wise, so I'm gonna try the Nova and see how I get on.

• Members

Hmm, I might go straight for a timefactor, so long as I can sell the DD20 and Echo Park. I'm just not getting the delay sound i want live. I've already done away with reverb, and now two delays are getting a bit too muddy, but I think using one unit for a dual delay will be a bit cleaner, especially if it's parallel dual.

• Members

The ONE thing keeping me from getting a Nova is not being able to turn it on remotely. Not just so I can have trails, but then I can use it with my custom looper thing and also it feels kinda nice having a delay pedal always in the loop instead of punching it in and out.

• Members

Can you definitely assign an external switch to the bypass function on the Timefactor? I know it takes external switches but I'm not sure what you can use them for.

Yeah it can take three switches through that one stereo jack, and you can assign them to almost anything:

To Setup Parameter Destinations

Turn the Encoder knob to select an external control destination. Destinations

include the TimeFactor parameters and functions that can be controlled by one of

the Aux Switches. The choices are:

BYP

• Members

I'm pretty sure it does. Surely it does, it seems to do everything else?

I've been wracking my brains thinking of another delay you can switch on or off remotely and I don't know of a single one.

What about a rack, maybe? Most racks have an input for a simple bypass switch without needing to piss about with MIDI.

• Members

It does say something in the manual about rythmic subdivisions or something. I think either they just left out some information, or they mean that you put in the subdivsion as a percentage of the whole note.

I gave the rack solution some serious thought but then I'd have a pedalboard and a rack, and something to control the rack (because I'd need to change presets) I've pretty much made my mind up, just working out how to raise the funds without giving up delay for any period of time.

• Members

The Eventide supply is indeed 9v 1200mA, I run mine, without midi, on three 200mA outputs daisy chained off my Flatliner. The guys at Burkey clocked it at 600mA max in operation and it works fine that way. Not sure how a PP2+ might do, but I'm sure you could chain outputs to give 600mA just like the Flatliner.

Archived