WTF Fuzz? demo

jondale

• Members

Now I know this may be a bit wierd, but I didn't want to have a "what kind of fuzz do I need to....." type thread to my credit....so...

Take a look at this fuzz clip, and just let me know what you think. It's a high gain fuzz with no roll-off capabilities whatsoever, it's something between a fuzz and a high gain OD I would say.

Does it sound like anything already on the market?

• Members

So is the octaver built into the pedal, or is it separate? There's very little of the basic tone of the pedal if the octaver isn't actually part of the sound.

It doesn't sound a million miles away from my MkII Tonebender clone. A little more full and polite, less trebly perhaps. Hard to tell...

BTW, I laughed a little at your guitar faces sneaking in to shot at the top :D

• Members

I laughed too!!!!!!!!! new set of Zakk Wilde 14's to compete with to get sonic noise with triple string bends. I will pay more attention next time!

The octaver is a seperate pedal, but I'm after something with a built in octave that twists like the one in the vid.

If I told everybody what the fuzz was nobody would believe me, it's the sound I need though but I can't fit it on my board so I'm looking for the same sound in a nice pedalboard friendly size.

• Members

If I told everybody what the fuzz was nobody would believe me, it's the sound I need though but I can't fit it on my board so I'm looking for the same sound in a nice pedalboard friendly size.

what fuzz unit is so hge that wouldnt fit on a pedalboard?

maybe you are using some kind analogue mixing desk preamp...cranked?

• Members

what fuzz unit is so hge that wouldnt fit on a pedalboard?

maybe you are using some kind analogue mixing desk preamp...cranked?

it's just that by board is full and I only have room for one hammond sized enclosure.

Archived