OT: Lakers @ Celtics

telepete

• Members

So who's watching tonite??!!

Im in the UK and have been staying up til tip-off at 2am this series to watch it. Im pretty new to basketball but am really getting into it, im rooting for a Lakers comeback!! Im just waiting for Kobe to bring the magic, he's got to show up one of these games.

So what dyu guys think?...Celtics to wrap it up 2nite?

• Members

i am a huge lakers fan. Celtics should have the advantage, but they are banged up with perkins (shoulder strain) and rondo (sprain ankle). Those guys are 60% at best. But Celtics are playing pretty deep with bench players showing up this finals and lakers bench being absent with only farmar and vujacic playing decently. If Lakers plays physical like in game 5 and limit their turnovers and have a good defensive scheme, they have a chance. Otherwise, playing at home, Boston has a lot of momentum and may be a blowout. I hope the officials call the game fairly. The NBA is going through some headache with allegations of games being rigged. Kind of suck.

• Members

I'm so torn on this series. On the one hand, Boston sports fans (prepare for a huge generalization) are often some of the most annoying sports fans on the planet. Plus, New England has been winning in every f'ing sport and I'm over that.

On the other hand, Los Angeles is my least favorite place in the world and I hate Phil Jackson. I'm still trying to figure out which is the lesser of two evils for me here, but I'm leaning toward Boston.

• Members

yeh i do like the team spirit of the celtics and Rivers is great. i just wanna see at least a deciding game. but you're right supervelcroboy, the lakers bench needs to show up, but then again they did in game 4 and Kobe didn't, so who knows! walton needs to start hitting some fg's for sure

• Members

On the one hand, Boston sports fans (prepare for a huge generalization) are often some of the most annoying sports fans on the planet. Plus, New England has been winning in every f'ing sport and I'm over that.

On the other hand, Los Angeles is my least favorite place in the world and I hate Phil Jackson.

+100000000000. I have a friend who's from Maine and is always going for the Celtics and Patriots, when the rest of us are for the Hornets and Saints (obviously). So {censored}ing annoying.

I stopped caring about the NBA finals as much after the Hornets lost, but I wish the Lakers would have won over the Celtics.

Archived