dd-20 vs dd-7

Stazinish

• Members

personally, I didn't like the DD-20. I didn't like all that tweakable stuff. I'd go for the DD-7, it has basically the same features and leaves you room for like 2 or 3 smaller pedals and saves you about $50.

• Members

DD-7 + presets + 2x size = DD-20

That's the main difference, at least.

I've owned both (not at the same time though) ... and from what I can tell, this is true. Don't forget about the screen though ... that can be quite handy for some users. If space is at a premium and if presets aren't a must, go for the DD-7. If not, DD-20 is a good bet too.

• Members

What I like best about the DD-20 is the visual readout of the tempo.

This is handy, yes ... but I agree with the post above me. From what I remember of the DD-20, the DD-7 does sound better. Plus, the reverse is 100% wet and it has a longer loop time and a smaller footprint.

• Members

My DD-7 is awesome. The majority of people seem to say that the standard delay sound is better than the DD-20. That in itself justifies the DD-7.

That would make a huge difference.

though I liked my dd20.

I've never tried a dd7

• Members

i mean, if you're in a simple music genre and need something steady that you dont have to fiddle around with too much a DD-3 or something like that would be more then fine...

but im a very experimental guy with quite a progressive view.... and worse of all, im a tweaker, so i really need to have those presets which im happy with or i wont stop fiddling around with them if i have something with only 1 setting...

Archived