MI Audio Blue Boy -vs- Blues Pro -- any Love

• Members

I have the BBD as well, great pedal. I used to use it on my band peadlboard, but I am using it at home now. Great pedal, lots of range with the drive drive knob. Only complaint is that 12 oclock on the volume is not unity and you have to tweak the volume as you adjust the gain (These are a few of my pet peeves with a good number of dirt boxes)

• Members

WorkingClassDan: What style of music do you use the BBD on?

Check out my Myspace. Um...it's radiohead/U2 ballpark but that doesn't really explain it. It's layered, literate pop/rock really. We get Arcade Fire, decemberists and augie march as occasional comparisons. Of course, those sort of comaprisons don't mean much. So have a listen. Only four songs up but it's a snapshot of sorts. We've just knocked off the fourth album, so plenty of breadth of styles to the back catalogue and the BBD is only on the newest album (which isn't out yet).

• Members

Paging Crxsh!

BUM, BUDDA, BUMMMMM!!!!

[YOUTUBE]iuAQorhrbqs[/YOUTUBE]

Check the vid and decide which one you like the sound of best. Personally, I liked the V1 Blues Pro better. I just like the sound better -- less compressed, more amp-like, more definition (IMO). The Blue Boy has more options true, but I got plenty of good tone within the limitations of the Blues Pro. Mine was on almost all the time (when I had it) and it, IMO, stacked better with other pedals.

Just my experience.

Archived