Xotic BB+, AC+ and RC Boost on the way

jzucker

• Members

A video review would be awesome. I still can't figure out the differences or nuances between the three of them.

I didn't for a long time until I tried them...

RC - Clean boost with EQ - Gets almost into the OD pedal territory, but at that gain, you get a bit of noise.

AC - Basically a TS, but very tweakable - Gets into Box of Rock territory at upper gain levels (a bit of overlap in the AC and BB, but with the AC being more open, and the BB more compressed)

BB - Very compressed, tweakable, heavy OD/distortion pedal - Lower range great for open, sustained chords - Upper range great for power chords/lead work

ALL GREAT PEDALS, but I ended up getting rid the one I owned (BB) because it got lost in the mix. Sounds very good by myself or with a band doing high gain lead work... but with a band doing riff stuff or rhythm, it disappeared. Shame.

• Members

ah cool, the AC looks great to me too. going down to the starving musician tomorrow to try them out.

as of recently, the od3 has seemed really middy to me through the bassman. i lve it for a clean-ish boost, but with any gain its very boxy. its not like that with the ac30, but its noticeable through the bassman. i wanna keep it for boosting but i wanna try something else for my overdrive.

• Members

I ordered a RC Booster yesterday. I'm getting it for 3 reasons (that I hope will be validated). 1) As as clean booster, instead of my Boosta Grande. It should do this well. 2) As a basic EQ, to adjust bass and treble instead of my MXR EQ. It won't have the range, but enough that should make me happy. 3) as a slight dirty booster with the gain up some, mostly to compliment my other pedals, or my amp's dirt. We'll see on that one. But I am eliminating almost 3 pedals with this one, and that is a great thing.

Archived