Using a mixer into an amp? line-level?

rocket34bg

• Members

so say i want to use a mixer with my amp. maybe the behringer ub502. small and cheap. will this work? i think i read somewhere they you should run a buffered pedal after the mixer

here's how i want to do it:

GUITAR > ls-2 (used as a Y with pitch shifter and other effects > akai headrush's 5 outputs > effects > MIXER > more effects > AMP

i guess after the mixer i'll need it to go into a stereo pedal too.. just thought about that.

will this work?

• Members

what are you using the mixer for and how do you plan on doing it? ie, are you effecting the signal via the auxiliarys and then mixing it back in?

the mixer is basically for the inputs. actually that mixer doesn't even have aux. i just need the 5 inputs to use with the 5 outputs on my akai headrush

• Members

seriously though, you're obviously going to need to watch the level coming from the mixer so as not to hit your amp too hard, but there's no reason it won't work.

i've seen passive 4-channel (4-in-to-1) 'mixers' designed for guitars/instruments which may be another option. if you can use a soldering iron, you could make a 5-channel passive mixer very easily (and cheaply) - i remember seeing several schematics/layouts for such a device.

• Members

one day i'll buy 4 vox pathfinders or something like that. that would be so much fun. but for now i just want to use it for random effects after each delay

i thought about a passive mixer, but i really need volume control. the headrush is kind of noisy and i want to be able to mute the outputs sometimes and just have that control

i do want to try to make something useful like this.. but the mixer is 35 bucks, and i'm lazy.. so... you know. i think i'll try this. i'll just put a buffered pedal after the mixer and watch levels

i'm up for other options though

Archived