I ordered a Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo from MF...

• Members

...and the nincompoops sent me a Cool Cat Fuzz.:mad:

Actually, I kind of liked it. I'm no fuzz expert, so I can't really compare it to other fuzzes. But if it wasn't $10 less than the tremolo I'd consider keeping it. Maybe I'll buy one some other time.

Fortunately MF is paying for the return shipping.

• Members

I got the fuzz again today (from MF), along with the Cool Cat distortion. Didn't like the distortion pedal. Sounded alot like a Boss DS-1. I'm going to send that one back, but I'm keeping the fuzz.

They haven't sent me the tremolo that I had originally ordered yet. They'll probably screw that up again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
They haven't sent me the tremolo that I had originally ordered yet. They'll probably screw that up again.

I was right. They screwed up again! Instead of sending me the tremolo, they sent me the fuzz again!:mad:

I don't know what to do.

I'm not ordering from them anymore, that's for sure.

• Members
I was right. They screwed up again! Instead of sending me the tremolo, they sent me the fuzz again!
:mad:

I don't know what to do.

I'm not ordering from them anymore, that's for sure.

Oh man that sucks :( Have you tried calling customer service/speaking w/ a supervisor? They should give you a full refund AND let you keep the pedal free of charge- two screwups is unacceptable :mad: That said, I just got the fuzz and am really digging it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Looking for reviews of the fuzz - anybody A/B it vs the French Toast, or any other fuzz for that matter? How's it sound?

Yeah, I have both. The french Toast is way over the top but it's a brilliant fuzz and has the added octave up feature- it's essentially a Foxx Tone Machine clone. The Cool Cat is a great sounding, articulate and very tweakable fuzz that cleans up nicely w/ the guitar's volume knob- lot of gain on tap w/ this one also. Sounds more like a silicon fuzz face type of fuzz than say, a Big Muff or other. Both are really great for the $$ and compare favorably to many more expensive/boutique fuzzes. For what they cost, there's really no reason not to pick up both.

• Members

Hey, thanks for the feedback. Love my Toast, and was hoping this fuzz would be a nice complement - sounds like it's worth a shot (price isn't an issue, as pointed out; it's the constant stream of brown boxes appearing on our doorstep, which can set off the wife - got to be selective...)

Archived