recomend me weird cheap overdrives

pissdrunx

• Members

keep em coming....:)

just to add what I like and don`t like. I don`t like those super fuzzed up stoff, I like string definition with balls!!!! I dont play with a lot of gain, but I replace that with some heavy handednes.

• Members

Danelectro Daddy-O--3 band EQ makes it very versatile; great low gain OD, can get crunchy. I regret getting rid of mine.

Behringer Blues OD--Basically, their Blues Driver rip off. Actually sounds pretty good. I've been using one on my board for a few months now.

• Members

I know Nobels pedals seem to get a good rep though nobody ever has one,

built like a tank too (metal housing) & relatively cheap i think.

I have the original Nobels ODR-1... it's not reallu unusual but the sound is at par with an 808. Adds bass to your sound so Strat users will really dig this...

:thu:

• Members

not weird but...

bad monkey

super overdrive

od-3

used rat2

bd-2 (!!)

all under 100 new and all $50 or less used

no they are not rare nor weird. weird/rare AND cheap dont exactly go together... its that whole supply and demand thing ya know...

• Members

I kinda liked EH muff overdrive I tryed, so what else would you suggest?

After just seeing the title of this thread, I clicked on it so I could suggest the Muff Overdrive!

How bout the combo of Muff Overdrive-->LPB-1? Liked that. Also, if you liked the Muff Overdrive, the Double Muff is switchable from one Muff Overdrive circuit to two at the same time.

Sorry to be stuck on the muff circuit, but I don't think you can get a better-sounding weird overdrive for that cheap!

• Members

After just seeing the title of this thread, I clicked on it so I could suggest the Muff Overdrive!

How bout the combo of Muff Overdrive-->LPB-1? Liked that. Also, if you liked the Muff Overdrive, the Double Muff is switchable from one Muff Overdrive circuit to two at the same time.

Sorry to be stuck on the muff circuit, but I don't think you can get a better-sounding weird overdrive for that cheap!

I`ve been searching for a used muff overdrive or double muff for a while, but there arent any here-I wanted to buy used so if I didnt like them I could sell them without mucj loss, but I gues I`m gonna have to go new with these. LPB-1 in it the EH booster right? I already have a bad monkey, would that work instead?

• Members

The Danelectro FAB Distortion and Overdrive are pretty good, and very cheap. What's also cool about them is that they turn into nasty, crackly gated fuzz pedals when you run them on 3 - 4.5v (which you can do with any old multi-voltage adaptor).

• Members

ive used an Ibanez version of this pedal since the late 80's. It surprises everyone that hears it.

10wqts8.jpg

I had one of those!! I had the maxon one. It finally kicked the bucket, and became a parts donor for other pedal builds/mods (it has 5 JRC4558D chips in it!)

• Members

how does this guyatone fuzz sound? It looks simple enough, but if its like annoying muddy udenified then it`s not for me.

BTW, i just got home for the weekend and started playin with my two amps a bit. Firs of I played Harley benton GA5(epi valve JR twin) thru my 2x12 with eminence wizards. Just dimmed it, ant threw a bit of bad monkey to it-I liked it alot, but it realy lacks some resious BALLS and definition. Then I went on to my marshall, and first started of with low sensitivity input...why is it so quiet, I was able to dimme it no problem, it was a bit louder then the HB5???!!!is there something wrong with it?

Left that alone and pluged the high sensitivity input and dimmed everything except the master volume obviusly. wow, I didnt know it was cappable of this kinda sounds. I`m gonna play with it later on some more as the neibgus got kinda upset(they have visitors):cop:.

• Members

MXR plastic Overdrive. Falls apart, but sounds good. Partial hardware bypass, but it doesn't turn off until you release the button.

But many things may surprise you.

If you mess w/ Muffs or LBMs be sure to try driving them with a buffer.

• Members

MXR plastic Overdrive. Falls apart, but sounds good. Partial hardware bypass, but it doesn't turn off until you release the button.

But many things may surprise you.

If you mess w/ Muffs or LBMs be sure to try driving them with a buffer.

By buffer you mean like an overdrive?

Archived