Your favorite OD/Distortion combo?

• Members

I'm talking about running a distortion and a od/boost simultaneously.

For me, its my M.I. Audio Blues Pro, followed by my JHS Synth Drive (modded DS-1). Honestly, to my ears, nothing beats it (unless you compare it to a good tube amp's built in distortion).

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Zendrive into Crunchbox. And Zendrive into Blue Boy Deluxe is very nice too.

I haven't actually tried it Crunchbox into Zen yet so I'll have to give it a shot although I do tend to prefer lower gain into higher gain.

• Members

Zendrive into Crunchbox. And Zendrive into Blue Boy Deluxe is very nice too.

I haven't actually tried it Crunchbox into Zen yet so I'll have to give it a shot although I do tend to prefer lower gain into higher gain.

I typically do too. I just like how the Zen smoothens out the CB. I set the Zen to a pretty clean sound (about 9:00 on the gain knob) with a bit of a volume boost before I hit it with the CB.

• Members

I typically do too. I just like how the Zen smoothens out the CB. I set the Zen to a pretty clean sound (about 9:00 on the gain knob) with a bit of a volume boost before I hit it with the CB.

Thanks for that, I'll give it a go. I haven't had it long but I'm seriously loving the Zen, my fave OD ever by quite a long stretch.

• Members

seymour duncan lava box into jt valveboy

the lava box on low gain really drives the valveboyinto singing tube saturation,its blowing me away.

How do you like the Lava Box? I wanted one when they first came out, but I started to think they were too midrangy and didn't get one. Still interests me though.

• Members

How do you like the Lava Box? I wanted one when they first came out, but I started to think they were too midrangy and didn't get one. Still interests me though.

i love it in front of a tube preamp/tube amp on the edge of breakup it is very dynamic to volume change on the guitar and really pulls off some magic tones.it does have a mid uphf to it but in a good way.but i warn it ain't that great through a sqweeky clean amp at all,but the mosfet reacts wonderfully with volume change,you can set the gain high and draw it back with the guitar and it cleans up great and retains the highs then when you crank it it gets a great growl and at extremes it sounds like a real good fuzz almost.i recommend it if you use it as noted above.and it has a {censored} load of volume on tap to drive your amp.I LOVE THE THING.:thu:

Archived