Fender Hot Hod Deluxe Users: How Loud Can The Clean Channel Get Before Break-Up?

NetStar

• Members
tweeddeluxe.jpg

I got mine brand new with the laquered tweed finish and Jensen P12N factory upgraded speaker for $549 shipped a couple of months ago. I use it in a stereo setup with a classic 30 and while the volume isn't going to blow away my 100 Watt Marshall half stacks, it gets plenty loud to keep up with a full band and is just a little easier to setup/breakdown. ;) I'm getting all OD/distortion tones from an OCD and Rat2. Installing better power tubes is also supposed to get you more headroom/better tone- which makes sense. I'm very satisfied with mine. :thu:

• Members

If you want loud and clean get upto Wild Guitars in Highgate and buy yourself a Hiwatt or Sound City. Nothing else stays as tight, clean and defined at volume. Uber headroom.

For those of us who will never have the chance to play a Hiwatt, much less own one... the HR Deluxe gets plenty clean and loud.

For you Loobster... play on brother. Great tone!

• Members

In the UK man you can find them at some pretty decent prices. If Adam (NetStar) can save up a couple hundred more he should take the plunge. I didn't mean to come across as condescending. I guess then you've got to buy a cab too.

Archived