MKII fuzz...BYOC or MONSTERPIECE???

AcheWater

• Members

I will tell you this....

The Monsterpeice MkII is very, very versatile. Can go from a rather decent clean boost to a wall of classic fuzziness.

I have to do a demo of mine sometime soon. Actually...i have time today. Wants to me do it? what kinda guitar do you play with and do you use other effects with your fuzz?

• Members

Do you normally use buckers? Also im going to stack it with my OD-3 since i see you have one also...it is AMAZING!!!!

Sorry...forgot to say that. Check my sig for full gear list, but yeah i'm going with a Epi Sheraton II with upgraded electronics/pots, a '57 classic in the neck and a '57 classic plus in the bridge.

I also run a stock OD-3 (:love:), as well as an LM308 Rat, and a Sovtek Green Russian Big Muff for dirt. i currently have a Big Cheese clone (chunky cheese) but this may knock it off the board and onto the spam list...

• Members

Sorry...forgot to say that. Check my sig for full gear list, but yeah i'm going with a Epi Sheraton II with upgraded electronics/pots, a '57 classic in the neck and a '57 classic plus in the bridge.

I also run a stock OD-3 (
:love:
), as well as an LM308 Rat, and a Sovtek Green Russian Big Muff for dirt. i currently have a Big Cheese clone (chunky cheese) but this may knock it off the board and onto the spam list...

You will be in love....

I have DE-7, OD-3, MKII and an AC15 (even though AC30 is a different beast). Amazing solo tone i tell you.

Dont know if my Jackson is comparable to the Sheraton but it should give you some sort of idea how it sounds.

Ill get it on in a littlle while and it should be up sometime tonight. Ill Pm you when its processed and everything and ill probably post it in the Monsterpeice thread as well.

• Members

You will be in love....

I have DE-7, OD-3, MKII and an AC15 (even though AC30 is a different beast). Amazing solo tone i tell you.

Dont know if my Jackson is comparable to the Sheraton but it should give you some sort of idea how it sounds.

Ill get it on in a littlle while and it should be up sometime tonight. Ill Pm you when its processed and everything and ill probably post it in the Monsterpeice thread as well.

Thanks alot, man. Really that would be awesome!! :thu:

:whisper:...rossowj will probably appreciate it, too...

• Members

it's worth the wait for a monsterpiece. you can always get a byoc, imagine of he stopped making monsterpieces, you would cry.

That happened.

When I first showed up here I wanted a Monsterpiece really bad but I had just started getting into effects and kept putting the fuzz off. When it came time to get a fuzz he wasn't around all of a sudden.

I don't think I cried though, I just bought other fuzzes like I was on a "quest for the perfect OD" and the McFuzz was as close as I got.

Then he came back and I got my NPN and oddly it was better than I'd hoped and I doubt I could beat it with anything else, and the price is still very reasonable compared to what else is out there.

I never tried the Analogman stuff though, I should point that out.

P.S. I'd pay $30 no problem to have a pedal kit built for me by Duderanimous (sp?) he does amazingly exact and clean wiring.

• Members

That happened. Then he came back and I got my NPN and oddly it was better than I'd hoped and I doubt I could beat it with anything else, and the price is still very reasonable compared to what else is out there.

I having a tough time decideing if I want an NPN/MKII or MKII...

• Members

Monsterpiece all the way. Great build. Great versatility. Cured my GAS for all things fuzzface. Can be smooth, can be nasty and aggressive. Great for leads, great for chords. Vintagey goodness. Why bother building your own when for a great price you can one this good.

One minor downside is that it doesn't like to be daisychained for its power.

• Members

I have both.

Both different.

The Monsterpiece Mk II's actually a clone of the Tonebender Mk 1.5, which uses 2 germanium transistors.

The BYOC's a clone of the TB Mk 2, which uses 3 germanium transistors.

• Members

I had great results with the PNP MKII from generalguitargadgets.com

Not sure if they offer a kit for that one or just the PCB. I just got the PCB and then ordered everything else from SmallBear. It sounds badass. The Ge trannies I was sent ended up being Q1-70, Q2-75, Q3-120. No LED, just like the original.

But I'm sure most MKII clones sound great with proper transistors.

Archived