Is the MXR Carbon Copy Noisy at all?

justcrash

• Members

I just got one. Not really noisy, but you do hear more soft air around notes when playing. Hard to describe. In a live setting you probably wouldn't notice. But you hear it at home in a quieter environment. Compared to my SMMH, it has more "surface" noise. But otherwise it isn't noisy. A good analog delay for $150.

• Moderators

I just got one. Not really noisy, but you do hear more soft air around notes when playing. Hard to describe. In a live setting you probably wouldn't notice. But you hear it at home in a quieter environment. Compared to my SMMH, it has more "surface" noise. But otherwise it isn't noisy. A good analog delay for $150.

How about when it is off? When it is on, if its only a little, like you said, I won't care. I just went through and removed a couple pedals from my line because they were adding a lot of ambient noise by just being in my loop. :(

• Members

Oh fine when off. I believe it's true bypass anyway. This should not be a concern then. Analog delays by their nature are not as quiet as digital delays. Both have their purposes. You could always look at something like the Boss DD-7 that has an analog mode. I might add that pedal in addition to my Carbon Classic, and sell my SMMH.

• Members

-Great pedal regardless of price

-Makes a little bit of noise but nothing excessive, as others have stated it is analog so that's to be expected (at least a little more noise than digital)

-can use a standard 9 volt or power source like a 1Spot (what I use with mine for now)

-Nice small footprint makes it convenient easy to fit onto a crowded board

......no I don't work for MXR, but I do love this little pedal! :D

And I'm thrilled I held out and didn't spend a bunch of loot on the line 6 or either of the Memory Man delay pedals becuase it's just not a huge part of my style or sound. I am finding ways to work a little or even a lot of delay into spaces where maybe I wouldn't have before. :love:

:thu:

Archived