Has anyone ever heard of a pedal company called...

Belt

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

About a year ago, I thought of building pedals under the name Step On It. Things came up. I didn't get around to investigating it. With me getting more and more "busy", I wanted to start the company / name. My wife and I talked more about it and she asked if there was someone already building under that name. I couldn't think of a better place to find out... since googleing it hasn't shown me anyone that is under that name. I posted this here and at TGP. I don't want to get ahead of myself and "shoot myself in the foot" if I found out that there was someone already using this.

Thanks for the responses.

I'd like to know if there is such a company so I don't cause waves.

• Members

the "dot com" address didn't yield anything

Make sure you search for related industries (e.g., electronics at large) and not just pedals. Trademark disputes can occur not just in the specific industry, but in broader industries. Search for both guitar-related and electronics-related companies.

• Members

Make sure you search for related industries (e.g., electronics at large) and not just pedals. Trademark disputes can occur not just in the specific industry, but in broader industries. Search for both guitar-related and electronics-related companies.

Thanks.

I typed www.steponit.com in my address bar. Nothing came up.

I guess that would be the best indicator.

• Members

My main interest in becoming a "company" is warranty work and credibility. I've got some pedals that I've built out now. I've seen some in the SPAM thread. This would give prospective buyers an opportunity to know more about the builder. And for warranty issues it gives a second or tenth buyer some peace.

• Members

Thanks.

I typed
www.steponit.com
in my address bar. Nothing came up.

I guess that would be the best indicator.

It's your best indicator of whether or not the domain is in use, but not whether or not there is an existing company of the same name. If you're serious about using it, do some more research. Run a bunch of google searches, at least. :wave:

• Members

It's your best indicator of whether or not the domain is in use, but not whether or not there is an existing company of the same name. If you're serious about using it, do some more research. Run a bunch of google searches, at least.
:wave:

I went to domainNIC.com

the domain is taken... but not in use.

That's great advice. I hadn't thought about that one.

• Members

It's your best indicator of whether or not the domain is in use, but not whether or not there is an existing company of the same name. If you're serious about using it, do some more research. Run a bunch of google searches, at least.
:wave:

agreed - at the very least just do a quicky search through the USPTO site

5 will get you 10 you'll AT LEAST find an automotive company or some such

as the name is suggestive, I'd treat zero hits as suspect

• Members

agreed - at the very least just do a quicky search through the USPTO site

5 will get you 10 you'll AT LEAST find an automotive company or some such

as the name is suggestive, I'd treat zero hits as suspect

true that

• Members

the subdecay motto is "step on this!!!"

But hey, i stole it from a gum commercial:)

I won't keep moving with this if it's gonna bother you. I didn't know the motto though. Honestly.

• Members

Hey man, that's the name of my pedal company. If I hear any more about this you WILL be receiving a cease and desist letter from my attorney. Consider this your first and only warning.*

* just kidding

Archived