Am i missing some fuzz? Fourth fuzz on my pedalboard?

Fir3Spell

• Members

The Blue Box and Muff are definitely different than anything you could get from Richard, but I'm not sure about the Fuzz Factory. I looked it up and Zvex's site says it's not based on any classic circuit and that it has germanium transistors so I'd go with an NPN or a MkII.

• Members

The Fuzz Factory is a lot more full on and biting than both the NPN or the MKII, which are more in the 'classic' world of fuzz.

Out of the NPN and the MKII, the NPN has more bite and top end, with the MKII being a bit mellower/rounded. They can both easily go from light fuzz (almost just like a boost) to maxed out, sustained, fuzz.

Given the pedals already on the board, I'd go for the MKII if it were me... well, actually, it was me and I went for a 3 Headed Monster with NPN, MKII and AD2K... :)

• Members

I just traded a fuzz factory for a blue box and a drum machine, and couldn't be happier. I hated that thing.

I also had a monsterpiece npn back in the day, and while I've never owned a big muff, the npn would be a great addition to your board. Absolutely fantastic. only reason I sold it was on the lower gain tones it darkened it up considerably :idk: I'm not a huge fan of fuzz anyway. I'm probably done after getting the blue box.

Archived