Do you guys think I should try a new dirt pedal?

Gremson

• Members

I've been running my rat pedal for about three years now. I've only got a TS7 Fulldrive, and Crunchbox under my belt as far as dirt boxes I've tried.

I'm satisfied, and feel that I've got a good overdriven tone. But the other guitar player in my band has been telling me for a few weeks now that my distortion sound is too "pedally"

It would be cool to get a two channel amp. but Orange Doesn't make an amp with an AD30 for channel one and a Rocker 30 for channel two.:love:

Ugh...

• Members

Do you run the gain high? "Too pedally" to me usually means too high gian and not enough mids.
If you run the gain high turn it down asnd get some more thickness into the sound. If you already run it low maybe it is just a sound the other guy isnt into.

• Members

Hmmmm doesnt sound like an extreme setting then. Maybe its just a sound he doesnt like. Do you like it? Do you find it inspiring? Does it fit well with the band?
Worth working with what you and the other guitar player have before dropping a {censored} load on an amp.

• Members
I'm satisfied, and feel that I've got a good overdriven tone. But the other guitar player in my band has been telling me for a few weeks now that my distortion sound is too "pedally"

maybe his/her distortion is too amp-y? :thu:

• Members

If you're already satisfied with your overdriven tone and you think that it works fine on a band setting, don't mind the comment of your other guitarist.

Remember that we all have our own personal preference in sound. You just need to know how to jive it on a live setting.

Archived