Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion - thoughts, opinions?

• Members

Going to be getting one of these soon for $45 and just wanted to hear what you guys thought. Love it? Hate it? Favorite settings? Things not to do with it?

I'm looking for that weezer slightly grungey power chord schpeal, which I know isn't that hard to cop. Also looking for maybe some lower gain open chord stuff.

• Members

I used to love mine back when all I could play were Nirvana songs.

I took it off of my board when I got my OCD. I've been meaning to revisit it for a while now since I might be able to get better tones out of if since I'm a bit more experienced at that sort of thing now.

• Members

Well, I just got it.

Incredibly underwhelmed and dissapointed. The turbo mode sounds like a cocked wah, while the regular side sounding normal I suppose. But the problem is that it's really fizzy. Compared to my turbo rat boosted with my dod 280 (current high gain situation), it's ridiculously fizzy. So far the only good setting I've found has been the normal mode with the level cranked (unity) and the distortion at like eight o'clock. It gives a nice bit of growl to the tone - which I'm currently using my turbo rat for.

I don't know... I'll give it time, but so far it's a no-thanks-flip-it-for-what-I-paid-for-it-on-craigslist pedal.

Archived