Line6 Tonecore rebate - is it really that simple?

Lefty Geek

• Members

Buy any Tonecore pedal and you get a free module in the module. Seems like a great deal, especially considering you can choose any module. Why get one of their "dirt" modules which cost $30, when you can get a Echo Park or Verbzilla module which cost $70? Seems too easy. I am assuming the tonecore pedals can use the modules.

I was planning to buy a Verbzilla anyways, but they are out of stock. I wish thinking I can get another Tonecore pedal, and simply send away for the Verbzilla module, which would mean a 2 month wait. There already is a one month wait for the pedal anyways.

I like my DL-4, but I use it for looping. Thinking of switching to a RC-2/20XL and using an Echo Park.

• Members

Sounds like a not so good idea to me. Why would you get 2 different effects with one housing. You'll only be able to use one at a time. I guess they are figuring you'll end up buying another body and they'll pretty much make a bit more money.

• Members

You have to provide the sales receipt and depending on original purchase price that determines which other modules you get for free. So you can't buy a dirt pedal and get the echo park module for free.

There is nothing in the terms and conditions that states the module selected has to be of equal or lesser value at least not on the rebate instructions from line6.com . I guess you have to have an account to see the actual form so it might state stricter conditions there

• Members

There is nothing in the terms and conditions that states the module selected has to be of equal or lesser value at least not on the rebate instructions from line6.com . I guess you have to have an account to see the actual form so it might state stricter conditions there

Exactly. According to the PDF:

Purchase any complete ToneCore pedal (includes a mono or stereo dock with a module) between June 1 and July 31, 2008 and you

• Members

the prob is, that there are stereo and mono modules, echopark verbzilla and co are stereo, whereas the distortion stuff and otto filter are mono.

the mono modules and housings are cheaper per se.

and i'm not sure if a mono module works in a stereo housing and i doubt that a stereo module works in a mono housing

• Members

the prob is, that there are stereo and mono modules, echopark verbzilla and co are stereo, whereas the distortion stuff and otto filter are mono.

the mono modules and housings are cheaper per se.

and i'm not sure if a mono module works in a stereo housing and i doubt that a stereo module works in a mono housing

From the Line 6 website:

All of the ToneCore

• Members

I used this rebate last time they ran it (about a year ago I think). I bought a Verbzilla and got an Echo Park module. However I did buy a stereo dock for the EP after I got it, but that's still cheaper than buying both pedals.

• Members
I used this rebate last time they ran it (about a year ago I think). I bought a Verbzilla and got an Echo Park module. However I did buy a stereo dock for the EP after I got it, but that's still cheaper than buying both pedals.

Great! I was going to buy a verzilla anyways, know Ill get an echopark!:idea:

• Members

the chorus dock is stereo, and cheap. i bought a chorus and flangers. put the chorus in the flangers mono dock, sold it. sold the flanger module, kept the stereo dock and bought an echo park module.

worked out a bit cheaper than buying a used echo park, but i also got to try the other two out for {censored}s and giggles. (chorus has good vibrato mode, flanger sucked horribly.. didn't keep the echo either..)

Archived