BD-2 or TS9

kimbal33

• Members

I have been trying to decide to get a blues driver or a tubescreamer. I just tried them both out and it seems to me that the blues driver is more transparent and the tubescreamer is more compressed and muddy.

Any opinions on this, these pedals in general, or anything else that I might want to try?

Thanks

• Members

I just played an Analogman BD-2 for the first time this weekend I thought it sounded like butt. Then again I wasn't overly thrilled with the rig it was setup through. I've always been a big fan of tubescreamers but I will say that a modded TS sounds light years better than stock.

• Members

I'd go BD-2 .... but I'd get it modded. The gain decay has this splatty nature to it that I couldn't get past. I mean, it sounds good, but it has a flaw or two. A TS is classic and all, but I'd get the BD-2.

• Members

I tried a BD-2 and thought it sounded like broken glass shards in my ears. I'm kind of partial to screamers though. Depends on the amp and guitar too, and which screamer. Try a Maxon Od-9 for a clearer sounding ts type pedal or just get a BD-2 if that's what you like. I've heard one sound good at a seedy bar but I don't know if it was modded. If you like the BD-2, also try the Od-3, which I hear good things about.

Archived