Need to make some decisions

• Members

I have quite a few decisions that I need to make soon.

1. The input jack on my Aphex Punch Factory is screwed. I should have listened before I bought it about the plastic jacks being attached to the board. But I figured that I treat my stuff right and bought it anyway. Now it's broken.

Do I call and bitch to them? Ask for a replacement or try and get some money back? I doubt either will work. It probably broke when some drunk bitch fell across my board. Grrr. That was a while ago, but I just rearranged my board and I had to jiggle the cable to get a signal and now it's just not working at all.

2. I need to choose a real pedalboard. Should I go with a PT-2 or one of these? A Pedaltrain is way more money (2x) but will look neater/cleaner in the end because everything can be tied to the bottom. But I like flat boards, a wah pedal and an angled board don't work together for me.

3. Yes these are bass OD pedals, but I thought I should ask anyway.

I can't decide which OD pedal I should keep. The Bass-Drive and Hematoma are similar, but it's the small differences that are keeping me from choosing.

The Bass-Drive is choppy and gritty. Not as dark as Hematoma even with tone at 0 and drops a little more low end. Tighter and more defined. Boost is just nasty to me. Works great with effects like flange and wah. Easy to switch on. The Hematoma is smoother than the Bass-Drive. Darker, even with tone cranked. Not as choppy and less defined. Preamp adds punch to clean signal. Wah is almost unnoticeable when used with HBE. And a flanger with it is way to harsh. Knobs are too close to switches and is awkward to turn on.

If the Hematoma worked better with other effects and was easier to turn on then I would keep it. But the Bass-Drive works great with other effects and is easy to switch on. Which might make it the winner. I have no other bass playing friends around to help me choose. But I have a guitarist and drummer coming over Tuesday to help me choose.

What should I do? :confused:

• Members

1. MINE {censored}ING TOO. But I got it used, so I am going to either rehouse/fix it, or build a new comp and craigslist the punch factory

2. I really like pedaltrains. You could build your own (IKEA)

3. Haven't played either of those. From your description, keep the bass-drive.

• Members

1. MINE {censored}ING TOO. But I got it used, so I am going to either rehouse/fix it, or build a new comp and craigslist the punch factory

2. I really like pedaltrains. You could build your own (IKEA)

3. Haven't played either of those. From your description, keep the bass-drive.

1. I'm {censored}ing pissed. I think I'm going to call them and try and get a replacement, then sell it and buy a EBS or Demeter.

2. The board I have now is a pedalboard I made. I just want to higher quality one.

3. I've had the Bass-Drive for about a year. Just got the Hematoma a week ago. I actually like the tone of the Hematoma better, but it doesn't get along with my flanger, which {censored}ing sucks. And the tone knob is way to close to the on switch.

• Members

Well, if the new pedal don't work with the old, and you have other gripes, I'd flip it, try yet another pedal, and compare that to the bass drive. Bass Muff when it comes out?

And as for the pedalboard, are those other ones (except for the really small one) really cheaper than a pedaltrain? I got my PT-2 for $100 shipped.

• Members

Well, if the new pedal don't work with the old, and you have other gripes, I'd flip it, try yet another pedal, and compare that to the bass drive. Bass Muff when it comes out?

And as for the pedalboard, are those other ones (except for the really small one) really cheaper than a pedaltrain? I got my PT-2 for $100 shipped.

Yeah, I think the HBE is gonna go. Next up to try is the English Muff'n. I got my fuzz covered, I got a Sanford and Sonny Bluebeard coming in the next couple weeks. I needs OD.

The other board is $45. I don't need a case.

Archived