EHX Wiggler

Caesar

• Members

Just got an EHX Wiggler. Tube driven vibrato/tremolo. The tremolo is such a smooth tone. Simple rate and intensity switches, plus it has an output volume to help maitain levels or even provide a boost.

The vibrato on mine is horrible. It makes everything sound muffled. The different vibrato setting are all dark and muffled, the Looz setting is the worst. Sounds like all the trebble is sucked out of the signal. It's a shame since the tremolo is so great sounding. Maybe I got a dud and it's not supposed to sound that way. I guess it's worth an e-mail to EHX.

Anyone else have any experience with the EHX Wiggler?

• Members

I love the vibrato settings, especially the LOOZ and the WURL. Are you using humbuckers or singles? I prefer it with singles.

I'm using both. The Looz setting on the single coils is dark, but the humbucker neck pickup is a muddy mess. Some of the vibrato settings are cleaning up a bit now that I've been using it. I wonder if the thing needs a "break-in" period. I really love some of the tone this thing puts out, but I can't imagine that mine is behaving like others have said.

• Members

I was disappointed with the Wiggler. The vibrato was good, but it seemed to always sound a little distorted no matter how the input gain was set. I also didn't think the tremolo was very good. It sounded kinda synthetic to me, not very amplike.

• Members

I was disappointed with the Wiggler. The vibrato was good, but it seemed to always sound a little distorted no matter how the input gain was set. I also didn't think the tremolo was very good. It sounded kinda synthetic to me, not very amplike.

Funny. I've had the exact opposite experience. The tremolo is very warm and natural. It doesn't color my tone at all. The vibe settings don't sound distorted, but they do sound like I jacked the tone knob all the way down.

I really like the pedal, but I may be sending it to EHX to see if it's broken.

• Members

Funny. I've had the exact opposite experience. The tremolo is very warm and natural. It doesn't color my tone at all. The vibe settings don't sound distorted, but they do sound like I jacked the tone knob all the way down.

I really like the pedal, but I may be sending it to EHX to see if it's broken.

That doesn't sound normal. I'd definitely have it looked at.

I have a lot of trems to make comparisons - Fender '68 VibroChamp, Fender '63 Vibroverb, BOSS PN-2, Wiggler, Pulsar (puretube version), Worm. All of them have very noticeable differences, but the Wiggler is probably the most different in tonal color. It is very grainy and dark, which is perfect for getting vintage, swampy tones - even more than the trems in my vintage Fenders.

Here's a soundclip of my Wiggler for comparison: http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6330564

Archived