My faith in life is really slipping...

The*Ataris

• Members

My poor cat has been gone for four days, and I'm about ready to throw in the towel.

Yeah, I live in Colorado, and we have all kinds of wildlife here that prey on domestic animals, but my cat wasn't your typical domestic animal. We found her as a stray and adopted her about 13 years ago, and though she never really left our one acre property, she definitely loved to cruise around the yard, sleep under bushes, and hunt critters until it was time to come in for the night.

She was about the only thing in the world that loved me unconditionally too. I swear to you, every time I came home from college for four years, she'd be waiting in my driveway when I pulled up (it was the damnedest thing). My mother said she slept in my bed every night while I was away too. I'm not really into pets in general, but I {censored}ing loved that cat--she understood me.

She only disappeared once like this before. Years ago, she didn't come home one night, and the next day, it started blizzarding and ended up snowing about 30 inches. I thought she was a goner for sure, but nighttime fell and I called her out the back door, and what do you know? The little {censored} was leaping through waist-high snow to get to me. It was unbelievable...

You see, this cat's a survivor; it just doesn't make sense that she went this way. NOTHING could keep her down! She was probably 14 and still got around like she was 4; it wasn't like she was slowing down.

I'm perfectly equipped to handle death (especially a cat, you know?), but she really shouldn't have gone this way. I feel like I let her down and I'm miserable. I've done everything I can to look for this cat and she's just not turning up...

There's very little that's been good to me on this earth, and as stupid as it sounds, that {censored}ing cat was just about the only consistent positive force in my life over the years. God/fate/whatever has been perfectly content to wrestle every last thing that I love away from me and it's getting old. Really, really old.

I'm sorry for wasting space. I'm going to grab a whiskey and throw on a movie. I just can't bring myself to look out my window anymore...

Rest in peace, dude. I'm really going to miss you...

• Members

If she is missing and you don't know that she's gone for good, I hope she comes back to ya. I had a cat when I was younger and he lived to 22, he was awesome. I have had a new cat since about a month the old one left. She's crazy, but a great friend.

• Members

Also, it is not uncommon for cats to go away from there home when they are ready to pass on, it's just nature...and it sucks alot of balls. Hang in there bro

Gotta say, it's a very elegant thing to do. Consider it the last gift from your cat--a simple goodbye w/ no maybes or last-minute tears. Seriously honorable.

• Members

Gotta say, it's a very elegant thing to do. Consider it the last gift from your cat--a simple goodbye w/ no maybes or last-minute tears. Seriously honorable.

Yep, my cat never came home, i got used to the fact that he had gone, some people down the road found his body, brought him to us and we buried him, he had been gone for a couple of days before, so instead of grieving at once i accepeted it over the days.

• Members

Sorry to hear that, i love cats ... last year my cat of 18 years died. I still expect him to be there sometimes.

... don't give up hope completely though. Recently i found a cat sitting in the car park at work. She was a bit scruffy but looked like she was being fed. I picked her up and looked at her collar and there was a phone number on it, i rang it and got through to a guy and i asked him if it was his cat, he said yes and said he'd be there in 10 minutes. When he arrived i asked him how long the cat had been missing - 2 months he said.

Don't want to raise your hopes too much but you never know.

• Members

they do that so as not to attract predators to where their family is

• Members

{censored}! That really sucks man! :cry:

I got my first cat when I was around 5yrs old. Loved that cat to death since I pretty much grew up when he was growing up. The day he died I went out with my friends to get my mind off of his passing. As soon as I came home that night I was getting all choked up cause he wasn't there to run to the door and greet me like he did every single time I walked through that door for 13yrs.

God, I loved that cat!

Archived