Playing Time vs Forum Time

Teahead

• Members

Truthfully, how much time do you spend playing the guitar in an average month? Of this, how much is home practice, band practice, lessons or gigs? You should mention whether playing is your hobby or profession I suppose.

To make this slightly more forum relevant and perhaps give some interesting comparisons, how much time do you spend cruising for gear and being a forum slut?

Like most hobbyists who have a full time job, my playing and forum time usually moves in cycles. My best guess for an average, I spend 20 hours per month rehearsing with a band, we gig once in a blue moon. Add about 30-40 hours of home tinkering in some form or another, no lessons, as is painfully obvious from my playing.

50-60 hours playing each month for me, I'd say I burn almost twice that on the internet. Not always forums and gear, but 90% of it would be. :cry:

• Members

I've got band practice 6 times a month, so I'll do 20ish hours there. At home I'll usually spend about an hour a day playing an acoustic, plus when the urge hits me I'll have a mess about with pedals.. So I'd say that I'd be up round 60hrs per month.
I don't even want to try counting up the amount of time I waste on the net, but I'm quite sure that it's way more than I spend playing guitar. A lot of the time though I'll be browsing while tinkering about on the acoustic.

• Members

Well depends on the time of year. During the Summer i have a full time job and dont have much time but i get about 2 hours or so everyday (i just most noddlez).

But if its over winter break i play maybe 4-6 hours a day depends on how bad it snows. So say about 60 for busy and about double that when im not busy.

AS for the forum time, ive been cutting down. Id say is about 2-3 hours a day but in little pieces.

• Members

i play around with my pedals almost everynight. I record something in spurts. I wont do anything for a month or two and then it hits an Ive got a ton. Most of the SPC ECO stuff is done already from like last year. I just drip a lead or two (new track in the works..loaded with real space echo :) )

Internet time also almost everyday, but heres the thing: Not at my home. I have a wireless subscription but NOT in my home. EVen now,im in a cafe. I, guessing if I had the net at home, my play time would go even more down, so I carry my laptop and go home and play alot more...

• Members

hmmm, difficult one, I'd say I probably play at least 1.5-2 hours a day, and then when I practice with my band, which is around 3 times a week, and additional 1.5 hours, and then gigs add on another 2 hours, like 4 of them a month. Soooo lets say between 60 and 80 hours.

Forum time- I don't know, I'm a bit on and off but it's not 60 hours, but it sure feels that long!

• Members

My amount is severely skewed by the fact that I spend 8 hours a day at work in front of a computer. I do a fair share of work... but I do have a decent amount of down time everyday. So, when I'm home in the morning/evening/at lunch, I try to play a good amount. Probably boils down to about an hour or so each day, but oftentimes, I play much more than that.

• Members

Hmm i am mostly posting at HC and buying/searching for stuff from the office! So i have enough time for playing and practicing! But i can imagine that some forumies take the forum and/or buying and selling stuff more serious than playing...!

• Members

Hmm i am mostly posting at HC and buying/searching for stuff from the office! So i have enough time for playing and practicing! But i can imagine that some forumies take the forum and/or buying and selling stuff more serious than playing...!

I don't take anything seriously.

I play for fun, I buy pedals for fun, I come here for fun.

Archived