DE-7-ever noticed...

surfcat

• Members

it has a good tape/analog delay sound, but it doesn't really get that Boss sterile digital sound in delay mode. It still sounds similar to the tape mode. I don't generally like that sterile Boss sound, but there are times when I want it-heavy distortion or clean U2 type stuff. I'm thinking of getting the DD-7 one of these days-how's the tape setting compare to the Ibanez?

• Members

it has a good tape/analog delay sound, but it doesn't really get that Boss sterile digital sound in delay mode. It still sounds similar to the tape mode. I don't generally like that sterile Boss sound, but there are times when I want it-heavy distortion or clean U2 type stuff. I'm thinking of getting the DD-7 one of these days-how's the tape setting compare to the Ibanez?

there is no tape setting. I have a couple demos of the pedal though, if you want to see them.

• Members

id say keep the de7...and get a dd3...the dd7 will get no where near the ibanez imo

While it's a pretty good pedal (especially for the price), the DE-7 is EXTREMELY overrated IMO. I was more impressed with ... well ... pretty much every other delay I've owned. For the money, it's great, but there are a lot better options out there.

• Members

While it's a pretty good pedal (especially for the price), the DE-7 is EXTREMELY overrated IMO. I was more impressed with ... well ... pretty much every other delay I've owned. For the money, it's great, but there are a lot better options out there.

This is the part where I put one of your beloved FAIL pics underneath your wrong-opinion-having post.

• Members

This is the part where I put one of your beloved FAIL pics underneath your wrong-opinion-having post.

soccer-field-fail.jpg

I'm not against the DE-7 .... but I'd rather have a DD-3.

How about this -- I'd rather have a DE-7 than a DD-6. I hated that pedal.

• Members

highly disagree. Been through a lot of delay, and the DE-7 is great at what it does.

• Members

Fail.

The echo simulation on the DE7 is perhaps the best I have heard. I imagine that the Superdelay and some of the gnarly ones woud do so, but Boss and Line6 cannot touch the echo mode of the DE7. Of course I use it much less now that I have a DMM, but when I need dual delays, both sound great together.

• Members

Psch. I'm not saying it isn't a good pedal, I'm just saying that it's not as good as it's reputation. I was pretty let down by it is all I'm saying. It wasn't as incredible as some people have indicated. I A/B'd it w/ a DD-3 and, IMO, the DD-3 blew it out of the water.

• Members

Psch. I'm not saying it isn't a good pedal, I'm just saying that it's not as good as it's reputation. I was pretty let down by it is all I'm saying. It wasn't as incredible as some people have indicated. I A/B'd it w/ a DD-3 and, IMO, the DD-3 blew it out of the water.

The DD-3 was too sterile for my liking. Hell, that is my problem with all Boss delay even though they are practical and compact as hell, the sound isnt for me.

• Members

Yea, it wouldn't replace a digital delay for me, but I really was impressed when I played it expecting it to sound like {censored}. Exceeded my expectations.

• Members

Yea, it wouldn't replace a digital delay for me, but I really was impressed when I played it expecting it to sound like {censored}. Exceeded my expectations.

Maybe it's an expectations thing? :idk: I mean, I read all the DE-7 raving on here and picked one up expecting it to blow me away ...... and it didn't. I mean, it didn't sound bad, but it wasn't nearly as good as some people made it seem. Now, I think it's pretty common knowledge that the DD-3 is one of the best sounding digital delays out there (why, oh why couldn't it have tap tempo????) and unlike HLT, I thought it sounded great. Anyway, since that's what I was stacking it up against, maybe my estimation wasn't exactly fair. But still, IMO, the thing is overrated. It's not a bad delay by any stretch, but it is overrated.

• Members

Lately I use my DE7 almost primarily for the oscillation, which is the best digital that I have heard but it is way easier to control and make musical than the DMM. The oscillation alone makes the pedal damn good.

I'm not really a noise guy....... but it did oscillate well, I'll give you that. I was actually fooling with the DD-7's analog mode last night. Admittedly, I'm no real judge of self-oscillating delays, but it was pretty good.

• Members

i think you'reconfusing tape and analog as being the same thing. they're very not.

Yeah, in real life, but in a digital pedal, it's just a simulation anyway and I couldn't remember which one Ibanez was calling it. Sounds more analog than tape I guess. The problem is, so does the digital setting-just not very crisp.

Archived