I need to power 3 pedals...

umcoo

• Members

Hello there, I need to power 3 pedals on a tiny pedalboard of fun. It will have a Red Llama clone, BMP clone and a TU-2. Now, I can get pretty anal about having wires everywhere, and seeing as this is only a small board, I don't really want a power supply on there. So, what are my options? Batteries obviously (which is what I'm kinda heading for at the moment) or is there a little power supply made for 3 pedals? I hear fuzzes and OD's sound better with pedals anyways, but I'm aware of unplugging the inputs to prevent draining the batts.

Any help or thoughts are appreciated! :thu:

• Members

I was thinking about this too!

My idea was to make a battery-powered power suppy - ie have the batteries in a seperate enclosure with an on/off switch, so you wouldn't have to unplug everything.

I suppose if you're just using fuzzes you could get away with one battery, if you wired it up correctly (in parallel i think :confused:) cause they draw very little current.. I would imagine the TU-2 would need more power, but I'd have to test it really.

• Members

I've just been looking at ways to keep a nice clean power supply without loads of wires everywhere, and found the Gigrig Distributor. Anyone experience of using this? It allows you to custom cut power leads. This may be what I'm looking for. I presume you can plug in any power supply to it, and not just the Gigrig one.

http://www.thegigrig.com/acatalog/TheGigRig_Distributor.html

Anyone ideas of price?

Archived