OT - DIABLO III First Trailer

Kayzer

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ya but it might come out in loke 2010 since blizzard needs to release an expansion for WOW (gheyness) and let alone they are also coming out with Sratcraft to which is also another want for me!

Hopefully Diablo will come out next summer

• Members

The gameplay video looks really cool, but I wish they would have shown off more classes and different environments. Looks like the game is well underway, though. Hopefully it will be out before 2010. I don't care for WoW, and not Starcraft either, tbh, so I hope Blizzard will devote its attention do Diablo 3.

• Members

The gameplay video looks really cool, but I wish they would have shown off more classes and different environments. Looks like the game is well underway, though. Hopefully it will be out before 2010. I don't care for WoW, and not Starcraft either, tbh, so I hope Blizzard will devote its attention do Diablo 3.

Ya thats what bumed me the most is only two classes and i dont care much for the barbarian. The witch doctor looks similiar to the Necromancer which i always love to play with in LOD.

• Members

The new class looks exactly like a Nec. Lame

The graphics are beautiful, and it looks like a lot of fun to play with friends

However, I sure hope the pvp wont suffer, thats one of the greatest things about D2. I haven't run into another computer game with such fast paced pvp.

• Members

they had this done quite awahile ago, i remember my friend telling me about it three years ago, saying they didn't release it because computers at the time couldn't really handle it. looks good, but nothing will be able to compare to darkfallonline when it's released later this year. nothing has come close since the first few years of ultima online for a good pvp game.

• Members

ditto'd

i'm stealing LOD from my lil bro and brining it with me next time i go home.

I actually just started playing again, and yesterday a friend and I were talking about Blizzard needed to come out with D3 already. Turns out they may have been announcing it while we were talking.

I watched the gameplay trailers... awesome stuff. The official website says 5 classes to start, you can pick male or female for each but they only have those two far enough along to demo. The witch doc. looks like a necro/druid combo, and the Barb. looks kick ass as always.

They fought a giant Duriel-like boss at the end who actually grabbed a character and bit it in half!! Can't wait, but in the mean time... if you get LOD, maybe a few of us here can start a HC party and play. I've played the crap outta that game, but have never beaten it in Hell Mode. Would love to try with the right group.

Anyone PM me if interested.

• Members

I actually just started playing again, and yesterday a friend and I were talking about Blizzard needed to come out with D3 already. Turns out they may have been announcing it while we were talking.

I watched the gameplay trailers... awesome stuff. The official website says 5 classes to start, you can pick male or female for each but they only have those two far enough along to demo. The witch doc. looks like a necro/druid combo, and the Barb. looks kick ass as always.

They fought a giant Duriel-like boss at the end who actually grabbed a character and bit it in half!! Can't wait, but in the mean time... if you get LOD, maybe a few of us here can start a HC party and play. I've played the crap outta that game, but have never beaten it in Hell Mode. Would love to try with the right group.

Anyone PM me if interested.

Psh never beaten Hell. Psh, get out noob!:mad::cop:

Joking man. I got a lvl 99 Druid that will massacre everything for you!:love:

• Members

Seems like every time I get a character to around 65, my old lady starts harping. It's not for lack of gameplay, but if I could choose to beat Hell or get my dick wet, well, Hell would be waiting until it froze over. :p

I want to start at the beginning (without help from a lvl99 God... sorry) and get a character to 99, beat all the hidden bosses, then the Ubers, then use those key things to beat all 3 ubers in Tristram. This is my goal before D3 comes out, so... it looks like we have some work to do.

If you wanna start over from act 1, normal and start chopping porcupines, lemme know.

• Members

Seems like every time I get a character to around 65, my old lady starts harping. It's not for lack of gameplay, but if I could choose to beat Hell or get my dick wet, well, Hell would be waiting until it froze over.
:p

I want to start at the beginning (without help from a lvl99 God... sorry) and get a character to 99, beat all the hidden bosses, then the Ubers, then use those key things to beat all 3 ubers in Tristram. This is my goal before D3 comes out, so... it looks like we have some work to do.

If you wanna start over from act 1, normal and start chopping porcupines, lemme know.

What hidden bosses?

The only hidden level i know of is the Cow level. And i actually have a level 22 necro and a level like 7 paladian i just started.

• Members

they had this done quite awahile ago, i remember my friend telling me about it three years ago, saying they didn't release it because computers at the time couldn't really handle it. looks good, but nothing will be able to compare to darkfallonline when it's released later this year. nothing has come close since the first few years of ultima online for a good pvp game.

Just watched videos of ultima online pvp. Looks horrible. The problem with D2 PVP is you need good gear, you need to have a good character build, and you need to know the right people to get better. You can't just go into a public duel game and expect to run into top of the mill duelers. The legit, skilled, dueling community was very small compared to the whole of battle.net (which primarily consists of people who just PVM all day for items aka magic find/mf) and somewhat elite, although more publics/randoms started flooding in.

In fact, we had to make an entirely separate server for good mannered, legit duels (d2pk) because battle.net was flooded with annoying kids and hackers. You could easily get perfect items for free etc. etc on the server too, so whether you had the time to invest in the game to get good gear or the connections didn't matter.

• Members

Yeah its a battle.net only event. The summoner, the countess, and Nilithak all have a chance to drop a different key in Hell difficulty. You then transmute 1 of each key (in the cube) and then a portal opens. This portal will lead either to super izual, super duriel, or lilith (basically super andariel). Then once you kill them, they'll drop a horn, eye, or brain (each one drops a different one).

Once you get one of each of those, you transmute those together, and a portal opens to Tristram, or Hell. In there are uber diablo, baal, and mephisto. Once you beat them, a charm called the hellfire torch drops, and it gives +3 to a random class skill (sorc, nec, whatever), +10-20 resist all, and +10-20 to all attributes.

Oh yeah, btw, the bosses are extremely hard unless you have your character built for extreme PvM. The hit hard, they take barely any damage, etc. etc.

• Members

Yes. Aussy has it right.

There was another thing as well. There is a way to invoke uber of each of the big 3 brothers individually--not in their lairs. I know Uber Diablo spawns when a random amount of Stones of Jordan are sold--hence why sometimes you'll see random "x amount of S O J have now been sold" and sometimes it'll say "Diablo now walks the Earth!!" or something to that effect.

Now sure the other two are spawned, but I am pretty sure they are there. Arreat Summit has the lowdown on all of it.

Anyway, I'm'a get back to building a Barbarian. Why? Because I nevr have bothered much w/ him. Always like the "kill 50 guys at once" characters. This is more like going on a murder spree.

(Won't the new one be sweet when you can be a sorcerER instead of a sorceress? At least that's my guess as they have gender selection for each class, and I feel confident they wouldn't make a Diablo without your old friend the wimpy spellcaster who does insane damage.)

Archived