I am new, so I bet this has been asked before, but here goes anyway.

Gabevreyes

• Members

So I am selling my ME-50. I went from Stompboxes, to the ME-50, and want to go back, but away from Boss. Maybe I didn't know how to use it well enough but I just didn't find the ME-50 as expressive as I would have liked. I have always used Boss, and they aren't bad, I am just sure that there are better pedals out there. So question is, what is a really good distortion pedal? I am looking for a good all around Hardcore, Modern, Punk rock sound. The DS-1 is great for your basic "Basket Case" cover. And the DS-2 and Metal Zone are great in there respective arenas, but I guess I am looking for something different. As many recomendations as you can give me, because I want to try everything out. Thanks!

• Members

Wow that's a broad question for this forum. Try a Big Muff, RAT and Tubescreamer?

Didn't mean to make it a broad question, but I wanted alot of ideas. There is a particular sound I would like to go for that I can't seem to explain, so I am going to have to make it up as I go along, ya know?

• Members

Give us a clue.

many peoplehave a few dirt pedals for varying degrees of gain.

Many have TS style pedals (Includes SD-1s, Bad Monkeys) for light gain and boost.

Rats gt a lot of love here for their ability to sound good at all levels, even getting fuzzy at higher levels.

As far as high gain goes...well, Metal Muff is wel thought of...MT-2 is pretty frownedupon for its buzzy nature.

• Members

Didn't mean to make it a broad question, but I wanted alot of ideas. There is a particular sound I would like to go for that I can't seem to explain, so I am going to have to make it up as I go along, ya know?

can you post any bands/songs for people to use as a reference?

Archived