A vibe w/o expression is scarcely a vibe at all

• Members

On the original Uni-Vibe, the expression pedal just controlled the LFO rate. That's something you generally set to more or less fit the tempo of the song. Not exactly something you'd want to contstantly vary, like a wah pedal, to provide any real "expression".

The original vibe circuit from Shin-ei was called the "Resly Tone", which was a double entendre. On one hand, the name didn't violate the Leslie trademark, which the box was meant to simulate (albeit poorly). On the other hand, the Japanese maker's were poking fun at themselves and the way the people would percieve a Japanese person pronouncing the word "Leslie". :D

In any case, the Resly Tone did not have an expression pedal. Instead, it had a six position rotary switch that set the LFO rate, which they labeled "Repeat Time".

• Members

Completely disagree, i rarely change the rate as i play so an exp. pedal is useless for me. Ive got a lovepedal vibe with a cheap looking chicken-head knob on it that is going to be swapped out for something more easily foot-tweakable though.

• Members

I liked the H&K Rotosphere, it had a fast/slow switch that would more than double the rate of "swirl". I used it a lot to simulate (poorly) some organ parts when I was playing rhythm guitar.....

Personally, I just bend down and tweak when necessary. It looks so.....emo.

Archived