Tell your King of Tone into Box of Rock experience

• Members

you know, the overdriven fender thing into marshall thing :eek:

what's it like ?

Basicaly, I use my BoR as an overdriven Marshall sounding preamp, last in chain, and i'm looking for an OD to put before it that wont mush it, just make it more raw.

Can the KOT do that ?

• Members

Probably, it seems a very flexible pedal and anything Analog Man that I've tried has been top notch.

However, isn't it based on the Marshall BB circuit? So you'd be doing a Marshall into Marshall thing?

• Members

you know, the overdriven fender thing into marshall thing
:eek:

what's it like ?

Basicaly, I use my BoR as an overdriven Marshall sounding preamp, last in chain, and i'm looking for an OD to put before it that wont mush it, just make it more
raw

Can the KOT do that ?

The KOT is a marshall type overdrive and it's quite smooth. A Tubescreamer type of overdrive might do what you want. Happy hunting.

• Members

The KOT is a marshall type overdrive and it's quite smooth. A Tubescreamer type of overdrive might do what you want. Happy hunting.

Hi C., it's nice to see you again here.

thanks for your help, it seems that Robo need to speak directly or indirectly about ZVex at least 3 times a day (watch his other post)... whatever...

... back on topic, I thought the KoT was a Fender-type sounding pedal... so what kind of Marshall it is supposed to emulate ? I thought ts-type pedal are not specially raw?... and last : do you know raw ts-type pedals ?

Edit : You're selling your 57ri ? :eek: what's the plan ? only Les Paul ? (it's my thread I can OT:lol:)

• Members

One of my friends has that exact amp. He bought it at a bankrupt mom and pop music shop for 300 bucks. The thing is awesome. The drive on that little bugger is freaking huge.

Thanks for your answer and contribution.

• Members

Probably, it seems a very flexible pedal and anything Analog Man that I've tried has been top notch.

However, isn't it based on the Marshall BB circuit? So you'd be doing a Marshall into Marshall thing?

So BoR and KoT are both based on a JTM 45 (BB being Bluesbraker I presume) ?

• Members

Hi C., it's nice to see you again here.

do you know raw ts-type pedals ?

Edit : You're selling your 57ri ?
:eek:
what's the plan ? only Les Paul ? (it's my thread I can OT:lol:)

Yes, yes, want something else and no. Full answer via PM

Archived