Garage Band Users?

• Members

you're dragging the actual file into the track on garageband and it's not working? it works on mine. i just tried it.

yup. I even took it off iTunes and placed it on my desktop. I tried dragging it in the GB icon, nothing. I opened GB, and dragged it in the tracks nothing. :(

• Members

I don't want to thread jack too much here, but I have an older version of Garage Band. I kinda wanna upgrade because I hear there are a lot better effects options and I think it'd be fun to play with. True?

And back OT, if you create a real instrument track you should just be able to drag and drop into the track. Sometimes I find it won't let me do it, then after restarting GB it will. Maybe try that?

As far as better apps...Pro Tools if you wanna drop a lot of cash? For just fun recording and making demos of new songs for the band to learn from, I find GB to be plenty adequate though.

• Members

Have you tried importing the file into itunes then dragging it into garageband from the itunes window?

I tried. The track would play, but I don't think it was playing on garage band, how would I import it in a track?

• Members

just got back from lunch but sorry dude I'm stumped.

So you have imported the MP3 into iTunes and then moved it to your desktop and then tried to drag it to an open garageband session with a live instrument track. Sounds right to me. Did you restart and try again?

• Members

just got back from lunch but sorry dude I'm stumped.

So you have imported the MP3 into iTunes and then moved it to your desktop and then tried to drag it to an open garageband session with a live instrument track. Sounds right to me. Did you restart and try again?

hey thanks.

Yeah, pretty much. I have a track (tracks) recorded with an mp3 recorder (Edirol) that was in my iTunes already. I wanted to add some effects on the track like compression, reverb etc. I haven't tried using garageband since I got my computer (2 yrs+). So, I really have no idea what I'm doing. I tried dragging it in a track, it would show that it's importing, but I don't see it or hear it anywhere in the track. I guess I really have to read "how to" on GB. I'm just lazy and wanted to do a quick trial.

Archived